[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Seven years out of highschool, I realize I only have basic arithmetic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: MdFGl9c.jpg (114 KB, 717x960) Image search: [Google]
MdFGl9c.jpg
114 KB, 717x960
Seven years out of highschool, I realize I only have basic arithmetic skills left. I'm trying to relearn math to the calculus level having forgotten mostly everything. Are there sources that mostly focus on mathematic disciplines in terms of their real world functions? I want to understand better the theoretical concepts in math and the kinds of real problems that they intended to resolve. Are there theory/practical application intensive courses I can use to supplement my purely technical studies? Something that gets at the underlying logic behind mathematics and can express that besides numerical terms?
>>
>>7949934
Wikipedia
>>
>>7949934
This fucking scares me. I think the worst possible thing is coming to a problem that includes a concept you should have already known a long time ago.
>>
>>7949943
In highschool I viewed math as a means to getting the right answers on tests. So I forgot anything I learned pretty quickly despite getting good grades.
>>
File: 1454008814012.png (331 KB, 535x666) Image search: [Google]
1454008814012.png
331 KB, 535x666
>>7949943
>someone suddenly asks for directions assuming I know my left and rights
>someone asks for a date assuming I know the order of the months
>>
>>7950001
You can give someone a date without knowing the order of the months.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.