[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I learn all Higschool math (including calc 1) as fast
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 1457963070030.jpg (677 KB, 1280x4000) Image search: [Google]
1457963070030.jpg
677 KB, 1280x4000
How do I learn all Higschool math (including calc 1) as fast as possible? maybe even calc2 or calc 3 is there any book ou there that has like a crash course format? also what other subjects besides calc 2 and 3 are important in college?
>>
>>7949753

If you're doing it for the first time, doing a crash course is dumb imo. Find a course or buy some textbooks from schools, universities, etc.

Don't fall for any sci textbook memes.
>>
>>7949753
how fast do you need to learn it
>>
That would be an interesting guide if they took it a little more serious.
>>
>>7949781
I have the basics, never failed it in Highschool but I kinda sucked desu
>>7949796
2 months, could easily dedicate it 4 hours a day
>>
Also interested in this. This should actually become a pastebin type thing because it is asked very often. Should involve best textbook pdfs, YouTube channels, wiki articles, etc.
>>
File: idontthinkso.gif (2 MB, 250x220) Image search: [Google]
idontthinkso.gif
2 MB, 250x220
>>7949812
>Only 4 hours a day
>>
>>7949841
this as fuck
>>
>>7949873
this board could also have something similar to coding general on /g/ or DJT on /a/. Where a daily thread is posted that allows people to post their math problems and discuss learning etc. Could even work with physics and such.
>>
>>7949812
make that 10 hours a day

read through your school textbooks, revision guides, do all the questions on each topic, then do a shitload of practice papers till you can consistently get 80%+ without a textbook and within the allowed time
>>
File: 1458433699582.png (125 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
1458433699582.png
125 KB, 400x388
>>7949753

Get yourself a copy of Rudin's analysis OP.
>>
High school algebra and call you can use any book really. You have to decide if the script is written so that you can understand it. Calculus hasn't really changed and its roots are old so it's not like you need a new book.

For YouTube the best calf guy I have watched so far is professor Leonard. He has like 2 hour lectures on there and he is very good at relaying the information of a particular topic.
https://www . youtube.com/user/professorleonard57
>>
>>7949753
Khanacademy plus a calc textbook and you're good
>>
I thought I would post some links. Really you can do any number of things. But here are some resources that I would highly recommend.
http://www.mathguy.us/MathHandbooks.php
- this has to be the gold mine. Look through all of these. The problem is they don't provide any example problems so Khanacademy or torrenting the 1001 problems for dummies in geometry, algebra, trig, etc should suffice.
Torrent a copy of Stewart's Precalc
- honestly would highly recommend it for the content and for the large amount of practice problems at the end of the book. Though it doesn't really include geometry.
>>
>>7950707
Thank you, ma'am.
>>
>>7949753
Work your ass off

Learn differential equations and linear algebra as well
>>
>>7950707
thnks those handbooks look very complete and compact
>>
>>7949753
I didn't know /lit/ was autistic.
>>
File: Fieri4.jpg (359 KB, 853x1280) Image search: [Google]
Fieri4.jpg
359 KB, 853x1280
I started Early Math of Khan Academy, just did Mastery Challenges without bothering looking at his tutorials for them unless I need em because I already know long division, and now in March I'm up to Algebra Basics, so not long til Calculus. I admit I skipped a heap of days so I should be further.

It won't take you long. Like 3-4 mths of daily work. I also took longer because I wanted to make sure I filled every gap of knowledge I lost over the years. Forgot the formula for the area of a trapezium for example
>>
>>7951877
>implying not every single board in this site is autistic
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.