[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /sci/, I have a weird thing going on. From time to time I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
Hey /sci/, I have a weird thing going on. From time to time I lose vision for a split second, as if someone had flickered the lights on and off. I'm sure it's not me blinking without realizing it.

Any idea what it could be?
>>
Your brain tumor is affecting your optic nerves.
>>
Brain tumor, I'd get an MRI pretty soon if I were you.
>>
>>7949467
My cousin had a brain tumor and the same thing would happen to him. Definitely get an MRI and avoid any heavy lifting until then.
>>
>>7949467
I've had this happened before to me. Turns out I was way too tired and actually blinking though.
>>
I actually don't know so I won't comment on that, but OP before you get a fucking MRI just ask a real doctor what you just asked us.

Seriously, do you have free healthcare where you live? Then it literally costs you more to use your internet to ask people on 4chan than to just stumble by the hospital while on your way to work and ask an actual professional.
>>
>>7949467
Transient visual loss from most causes lasts way longer than that. The details of your symptoms matter a lot
>>
>>7949562
Not OP but I think this happens to me.
Had that flickering but I'm pretty sure it's just slow blinking
>>
>>7949563
>neglects to mention opportunity cost and time investment
>>
>>7949548

What does heavy lifting have to do with anything?
>>
>>7949708
My guess is that the doctor thought that besides a tumor, it could also be a stroke.
In that case, lifting weights could literally kill you in the spot or leave you in a vegetative state.
>>
>>7949708
Strains your eye nerves, that's why people have to avoid lifting after eye surgery. If you're lifting while a tumor is pressing on your optic nerves, you could tear the nerves, then you won't have to worry about your vision flickering.
>>
OP here.

Not that I don't trust you guys, but what other diagnosis could appart from brain tumor and a stroke?
>>
>>7949578
lmao

Literally true but I think the real point is asking people on 4chan isn't going to answer any of your questions but asking a doctor might.
>>
>>7950693
Could be you're just fucking weird. Being unaware of blinking is pretty common. M
>>
>>7949467

Shitty electrical infrastructure could be a cause.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.