[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>he thinks PhD topics are thought up and independently chosen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4
File: 1453588488868s.jpg (8 KB, 250x238) Image search: [Google]
1453588488868s.jpg
8 KB, 250x238
>he thinks PhD topics are thought up and independently chosen by the Phd student
>>
>>7948107
>he posts frogs

>>7947833
>>7947996
>>7948068
>>7948082

samefag
fuck off dump frogposter
>>
>>7948107
Depends on the field. You're right in math, they usually don't. You need someone to take your hand and guide you (your advisor) or you'll just crash into problems which are bad / too easy / too hard.

But there are exceptions. People who have been working on something for a while or who, through recommendations or otherwise already had a topic before getting past the PhD quals might get to choose their topic.

Aside from all of this, you're a stupid insecure faggot for taking your butthurt angst to another thread just to vent. You're a joke.
>>
>>7948110
>>7948112
>>
>>7948112
>But there are exceptions

Still doesn't change the fact that the OP is generally correct.
>>
>>7948124
Shut the fuck up, you idiotic shitposter. We can see the poster number and know you're samefagging.

Making a fucking thread for this shit, just to whine, replying with reddit memes, and then samefagging to save face? Once again, you are a stupid fucking joke.

As I said, it depends on the field. But in math, "PhD topics are not chosen by the student" is wrong. The fact that they are generally not chosen by the student doesn't mean you're "generally right", whatever you think that means.

And just because I can't believe you would samefag this blatantly, you are a stupid cocksucker.
>>
File: 1453850904971.jpg (17 KB, 313x286) Image search: [Google]
1453850904971.jpg
17 KB, 313x286
>>7948107
>>7948117
>>7948124
>samefagging
>reddit-tier reply

Jump off a bridge OP.
>>
File: Polar-bear-baby-laughing.jpg (200 KB, 640x456) Image search: [Google]
Polar-bear-baby-laughing.jpg
200 KB, 640x456
>>7948129

Someone needs to take a chill pill. Relax, you got BTFO. It's no big deal. You win some, you lose some.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.