[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nuclear
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: th.jpg (7 KB, 300x187) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
7 KB, 300x187
Thorium is radioactive but it would be too hard to get a chain reaction from it to make a nuclear bomb, but what if we develop it with something else? Or work on the chain reaction to change up how it works. Liquid Fluoride Thorium= Uranium-233 produced by thorium, Or thorium reactors? The prospect of cheap, safe energy? But then it's good that we do make uranium since we use up plutonium and authorium?
>>
>>7947718
What the actual fuck are you even talking about?
>>
It makes breddy gud TIG welding electrodes.
>>
>>7947718
I was thinking of making an iron man suit with a throium power source.
>>
>>7947718
Thorium is not cheap.
>>
File: threestageplan.jpg (91 KB, 640x639) Image search: [Google]
threestageplan.jpg
91 KB, 640x639
>>7947718
>authorium
wtf is that?

I think I get the gist of what you are trying to state... you are not limited to LFT reactors when dealing with Thorium.

It is possible to use a Fast Breeder Reactor to breed U-233 from Th-232. You can use a heavy-water reactor for Th in which case it is quite possible to still make fuel for nukes, and I'm guessing they will do so.

I think that you should take a look at the Indian plans to use Thorium based reactors. pic related

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/India%27s_three-stage_nuclear_power_programme
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.