[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Theories about aliens and the universe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8
File: image.gif (685 KB, 275x207) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
685 KB, 275x207
ITT: Theories about aliens and the universe
>>
>>7945585
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+1
>>
>>7945585
I theorize that OP is a tremendous faggot
>>
>"""""""""Theories"""""""""
Hypotheses faggot
>>
>>7945591
>>7945590
pls fuck off
>>
>>7945585
Dark matter is actually caused by the large number alium Dyson spheres in the universe hiding stars from our view.

The recent accelerating expansion of the universe, aka "dark energy" is actually the cumulative effect of increasing alium warp drive usage.
>>
>>7945592
pls fuck off
>>
>>/x/
>>
File: imgur.png (19 KB, 692x402) Image search: [Google]
imgur.png
19 KB, 692x402
>>7945598
>>
>>7945595
You underestimate how massive dark matter is supposed to be. Even if there were a million times more stars compared to those which we have observed, it still wouldn't make up for the huge difference.
>>
#7549588# he meant theories that are actually possible, faggot
>>
We will not meet Aliens but a huge swarm of their autonomous robots used to harvest resources. They will dissolve our planet and sun ignoring us in the same way a miner ignores a earthworm.
>>
>>7945585
Can we fuck 'em?
>>
>>7945613
>a million times
Comically ill-informed.
>>
>>7945595
I also read this humorous story. Good stuff
>>
>>7945613
Also a humorous story.

>>7945595
Those dyson spheres are also exactly the correct distance from their host stars to produce what we know as the cosmic microwave background, of course
>>
File: 1349201472574.gif (3 MB, 220x242) Image search: [Google]
1349201472574.gif
3 MB, 220x242
>>7945585

My theory: there are none.

We occupy a universe governed by a strong Anthropic Principle; abiogenisis is nearly impossible, due to the complexity of getting even a shit-tier genome functioning (Mycoplasma genitalium, the "simplest" organism known, has nearly 500 genes...it's theorized a bare minimum is about 250). MWI is why we exist at all, which is nice...it means a comet, gamma ray burst, nuclear war, etc. won't wipe us out.

This universe is ours, meaning us and our AI children. Prove me wrong...
>>
Three dimensional space plus time is an illusion created by our minds. Causality is an illusion as well. Observing something collapses it according to its probability, along with all the prior timeline required for that something to have existed.
>>
File: X on SCI.png (31 KB, 694x968) Image search: [Google]
X on SCI.png
31 KB, 694x968
>>7945585
Looks like I might get a BINGO! in this thread.
>>
>>7946072

We can't proof you wrong, because your argument isn't falsifiable you stupid.

>>7945585
>theories
>>
File: 1336204063575.jpg (35 KB, 320x314) Image search: [Google]
1336204063575.jpg
35 KB, 320x314
>>7946133
>because your argument isn't falsifiable you stupid.

>discovering life or remnants of life on Mars, Europa, Titan, etc.
>randomly creating abiogenesis in a lab would
>discovering large-scale evidence of star or galactic engineering
>>
>>7946142
>>7946133
There's always a chance we find alien life already on Earth. We just haven't sequenced the DNA yet or whatever "test" would prove it isn't from Earth at all. Could be a microbe or a type of algae or something in the oceans or soil or ice core sample.
>>
File: 1EJUlqy.jpg (37 KB, 460x460) Image search: [Google]
1EJUlqy.jpg
37 KB, 460x460
>>7946132
>want to be mor ecredible than the average /sci/ user>should be a laughably easy goal
>insists anti-matter and blackholes don't exist
>says GR doesn't real

wot a tard
>>
>>7946149
When you act like a retard, even in jest, it belittles you.
>>
>>7946132
Why don't use antimatter created with free-energy to open worm-holes to parallel dimensions where more computer science jobs exist?

Did you get your bingo?
>>
>>7946149
its a conspiritard buzzword bingo. Like "MULTI DIMENSIONAL QUANTUM CONSCIOUSNESS PROVEN BY STRING THEORY"
>>
>>7946132
The LHC has tested the idea that the Planck scale is much closer to the weak scale than generally thought, and that gravity is weakened by large extra dimensions. If this were true, the LHC could produce microscopic black holes. But even with time dilation considered, these black holes would be very short-lived. What scientists would observe is the matter and antimatter created from the black hole though Hawking radiation. Since what is produced at the LHC is random, like Schroedinger's cat, scientists must use statistical tools to describe to what degree the theory has been ruled out.
>>
>>7946189
LHC has given no data to corroborate or invalidate any theories at all. It is just a massive money sink to make people with worthless degrees lots of money in funding.
>>
>>7946206
And we would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling shitposters.
>>
Considering objects in our universe makes up only a miniscule amount of the mass, could the weight of hydrogen over the insane amount of space make up the rear of our universe' mass?
>>
My theory, which is actually fact, is that we were,gentically engineered by aliums. Aliyms are still here and have always been here, and actively working withbsome,govts. Theres two alium races here on earth: the tall whites and what we knows as the greys. The greys need us,for some shenanigans for their own good and they are the ones abducting ppl for experiments alongside govenrment operations
>>
File: monkey alien baby.jpg (427 KB, 648x847) Image search: [Google]
monkey alien baby.jpg
427 KB, 648x847
>>7947271
I came here to say that but I see someone put it nicely already.

We are the fusion of monkey-alien DNA. Thats why we have both monkey and human like features and thats why among the thounsands of monkey species no other developed monkeys have reached to a level of evolution with such cognitive and linguistic capabilities as us humans.
>>
A lot of us think we have already jumped space, true these people are incredibly delusional and wave sticks, but either way we seem to be gearing up for it.

how are we getting on with "destroy all life dependant on man made generated electricity"?

Could we do that? plug all ourselves in and vaporize humanity?

roll a dice and clear a country, it sounds reasonable.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.