[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>first world >highest cancer rates Why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4
File: Global-cancer-rates-001.png (28 KB, 460x799) Image search: [Google]
Global-cancer-rates-001.png
28 KB, 460x799
>first world
>highest cancer rates

Why?
>>
>>7943910
alcohol, smoking, living longer.
>>
>>7943910
old people = more cancer

In third world life expectancy is lower.
>>
>>7943920
That would be my guess as well.
>>
File: 1456183679834.jpg (32 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1456183679834.jpg
32 KB, 480x360
>>7943920
So investing in healthcare means giving room for cancer.
>>
>more people are living long enough to get cancer
>must be shit country
Sure op
>>
>>7943910

Living longer + sub-par health habits

>>7943920

While this is decent logic, Japan and South Korea have lower cancer rates while also having a longer life expectancy average.

>inb4 east asian genetics

It might play a role but Mongolia and China have shown you can easily undermined that shit with poor environment.

>>7943933

Living longer means giving cancer a higher chance of killing you.
>>
>>7943910
It has nothing to do with how long people live despite what retards itt are saying. Third world countries don't diagnose as many people. The end.
>>
>>7943957
Japan and South Korea are also two of the most healthy countries on the planet eating-wise
>>
>>7943976
Born and lived in third world so I can say that hearing someone get cancer where I'm from is extremely rare. It's not like it doesn't happen, it's just very rare to hear about it in your social circle.

Obviously, this was my subjective experience and the reality may be far from it.
>>
>>7943910
>living longer
>high consumption of meat/ poor nutrition

Are you this retarded?
>>
>>7943976

Third world countries may not diagnose as many people but the sampling is still enough to show it's more of a 1st world issue. Primary an aging + poor health habit problem.

Also the fact is that most of the usual "killers" in 3rd world countries consist of war, murder and parasitic/sexual/zoonotic diseases not cancers.

http://globalcancermap.com/
>>
>>7943910
we live longer and dont have to deal with malaria and aids as much
>>
>>7943910
Because in less developed countries people die of starvation, violence, drugs and other things before they have a chance to develop cancer. And even if they live long enough to develop cancer they don't have the screening equipment nor the doctors to even see that it is cancer.
>>
>>7943910
>Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Belgium
alcohol doing some heavy lifting in these cancer rates
>>
>>7944523
don't worry anon, everyone will ignore you just like they ignore me and hide it behind "poor health habits" instead of adressing the issue.
>>
Australia is largely effected by skin cancer.
http://phys.org/news/2010-12-australians-world-highest-skin-cancer.html

I suspect NZ is similar.
>>
It's "mother nature's" population control. If you cure cancer, a new terminal disease will take its place.
>>
>>7944540
That's a shit argument. If that were true, we would see deaths based on population density, or population totals.
>>
>>7944540
Mother nature will just invent a new pathogen for the occasion? What an apparently sentient and autonomous bitch of a concept.
>>
>>7944542
Post yfw it does
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 600x450
>>
>>7944544
No one is inventing. Just that other things like Alzheimer's or heart attack will be proportionally higher. Then strokes and liver problems and shit.

It's dumb anyway because you probably can't cure all cancers with one treatment.
>>
>>7943933
Yes, plus cancer is expensive to treat.
Guess it's an investment that we have free/cheap/accessible general healthcare for the majority of your life.
>>
>>7944526
yeah the drinking culture is insane in Ireland and Australasia

Dunno about Belgium but given how good their beer is I wouldn't be surprised if they were similar
>>
First world countries:

-People live longer, longer exposure time to develop cancer
-Better technology to diagnose cancer and higher frequency of medical exams.
-Greater availability of processed meats
>>
>>7944009
>meat bad for health
>third world people dying because they don't eat meat like the first world

Who let the retard in?
>>
>>7945607
Processed meat and unprocessed red meat are bad for health, but so is not getting the macro and micronutrients some of which are hard to get outside of meat, which is a problem in the developing world, but not a problem at all in the west, where over consumption of macro and micronutrients cause obesity, diabetes, etc
>>
the hole in the ozone layer over Aus/NZ causes huge amounts of skin cancer
>>
This confirms what I have always suspected: danskjäveln is literally cancer
>>
File: risk.jpg (50 KB, 632x912) Image search: [Google]
risk.jpg
50 KB, 632x912
>>
>>7946699
where is alcohol consumption?
>>
>>7943910
4chan
>>
>>7946720
Alcohol is used for socializing. It's not a drug.
>>
>>7946697
swedes are worse
>>
>>7943910
White people.
>>
>>7943910
Danes eat bacon
>>
>>7947007
>Alcohol is used for socializing. It's not a drug.

Trying to bait alcoholics or something?
>>
>>7944523
Australia is also skewed by skin cancer rates
>>
What type of cancer though ?
>>
>>7946676
>meat causes diabetes
>blaming diabetes on fat rather than excessive carbohydrate intake
JUST
>>
>>7943910
They live longer and thus have a higher chance of being affected by cancer.
>>
>>7943918
>alcohol, smoking
>the smoking and drinking is bad meme

No, neither of those are nearly as cancerous as you think. Other countries smoke and drink more than the U.S. and they're fine.

>living longer

This is true though
>>
Living longer (more time to develop it), and better diagnosis (better healthcare to find it in a patient i.e. patients in poor countries are less likely to be diagnosed if they have it because of lack of healthcare access) are my guesses.
>>
>>7943920
SHILL! it was the jews. CHEMTRAILS
>>
we don't die of malaria at age 15
also industrialization = cancer air
>>
>>7948431
>also industrialization = cancer air

Doubtful. Curious to know cancer rates in Beijing now.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.