[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ophthalmology
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: inb4 ur bleind m8.jpg (2 MB, 5616x3744) Image search: [Google]
inb4 ur bleind m8.jpg
2 MB, 5616x3744
I would love a couple of answers on the topic of ophthalmology (precisely myopia) from anons familiar with this area, since I keep finding colliding info on Google.

>Is myopia only genetical and natural (by natural I mean you don't have to inherit it to still be born with the ability to develop myopia)?

>Does acquired myopia only happen in people who were already predispositioned to be able to develop it?

>Is continuous blurred vision from eye strain myopia in development or just a consequence of eye strain? (to rephrase, does eye strain develop into myopia, or does it merely manifest itself as myopia (blurred vision) and will go away once the eye strain is gone and eye vision in that case will return to its initial state)

>Can eye strain become permanent?

My parent is myopic, but I've never had vision problems (perfect vision) until recently when my eyes became strained and I don't know if that's my hereditary myopia showing just now or just a result of eye strain and my vision can return to the way it was.
>>
-1/12
>>
>>7943708
Refrain from posting memes in what is aimed to be a serious topic please. Thanks.
>>
File: mods.gif (1 MB, 238x190) Image search: [Google]
mods.gif
1 MB, 238x190
>>7943738
fuck you. What are you gonna ban me? I'm behind 7 proxies
>>
Couple of pieces of research in recent years, correlation with eating wheat in childhood; correlation with having a light on while sleeping at night; correlation with spending time indoors.
>>
>>7943706
Ad 1 and 2, no.
There was a clear spike in myopia when more people learned to read.

Ad 3 and 4, I dunno.
>>
>>7944906
Okay, just to counter you with what I read before, there has been a spike in myopia development when people started getting educated since rich folks were able to afford both eye exams and education, so it makes sense that there is a correlation between those, and then again there are studies which say that there isn't a direct correlation between reading up close and developing myopia.

Summary, rich folks were able to afford education and eye exams, so that is where the high relation comes from.

Again, I am just repeating what I read on the webs..
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.