[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Exoskeleton
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
How to make an exoskeleton?
>>
it's just fucking motors attached to a frame and control board. are you really this stupid?
>>
>>7943467
1. Take out your endoskeleton
2. Sticky tape it on your outside
3. ???
4. Profit
>>
Yes I'll admit I am a beginner, and yes I know its motors connected to a frame, and a control board. So if you don't mind giving me sources it would be nice. If you don't wanna help me cool.
>>
exoskeletons dont make themselves. lol
>>
File: 1389817247184.gif (580 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1389817247184.gif
580 KB, 480x360
>>7943467

how about you go find out for yourself instead of asking for others to spoon-feed you the answers.

forget whatever delusional fantasy you think will come true if you just find that magic "link" which walks you through step by step on how to build things people have been pouring their lives into developing.

building things take knowledge and knowledge can only be acquired through rigorous study and dedication.
>>
Thehacksmith on youtube is trying

Prepare to cringe a little
>>
Even with instruction this is gonna a bitch to do. Thanks guy above.
>>
>>7944386
>thanks guy above
>guy above
>meme arrows
>>
Lol I'm just asking for advice although this is 4chan I thought I'd find something useful, Why does it sound like you have a stick up you butt
>>
>>7944388
Because i do....and this is your first time here
>>
>>7944237
>> yes I know its motors connected to a frame
ok fag, I'm fucking triggered now. An exoskeleton is so much more than just motors and a control board.

For one, motors alone do not have enough torque to do shit. So you gotta use gears and shit to reduce that high RPM low torque to high torque low RPM. Cycloidal gears, harmonic drives, and other exotic high ratio gearing is what you gotta use for this.

There are a couple ways to do control, one is figure out what the user wants to do with electrodes and shit. Good fucking luck at that.

Another is to measure the force/torques the user applies with multiaxis-torque force sensors attached to feet and hands(the SARCOS exoskeleton does this) or at an actuator level.

>>7944358
pretty much all the homemade exoskeletons out there are shit. They use pneumatics, which are TRASH or are controlled with joysticks.

In terms of homemade exoskeletons, they are less capable than one's made in labs 50 years ago.
>>
>>7944408
I would post more, but I'm triggered.
>>
>>7944411
Stop saying triggered faggot
>>
Make an exoskeleton like OP's pic and attach strong hydraulics. It should be controlled by controls on the hands.
>>
>>7944413
Triggered triggered triggered triggered. You just triggered my autism.

Anyway, what do you want to do with said exoskeleton? Carry more shit over rough terrain, be able move yo paralyzed ass, rehabilitate yo ass, lift shit, or be iron man(you can't).
>>
This post proved more useful than I thought. Thanks guys.
>>
Be Japanese
>be either incredibly genre blind, or incredibly genre savvy

http://www.cyberdyne.jp/english/
>>
>>7943467
>>>/diy/
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.