[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do people have dreams while they are dying in their sleep? So
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.gif (90 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
90 KB, 500x370
Do people have dreams while they are dying in their sleep? So I mean if someone literally dies in real life while they are sleeping, do they have dreams as their heart is stopping etc
>>
Ask them
>>
in theory there's a chemical that's released in you're brain when you're about to die, but it could be triggered by you actually THINKING that you're going to die, which probably wouldn't happen if you're asleep
so I dunno maybe
>>
>>7944177
*your
please forgive me
>>
File: ssdadawws.gif (878 KB, 352x144) Image search: [Google]
ssdadawws.gif
878 KB, 352x144
>>7944180
It's okay buddy.
>>
>>7944180
*your'e
>>
I have heard that psychedlics make death much more peaceful, and make accepting death much easier. Maybe there's a connection? Aldous Huxley took LSD when he died of throat cancer, a usually very painful death, and it was apparently very peaceful.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N3N1MlvVc4

[spoiler] Someone had to.[/spoiler]
>>
>>7944722
And now I have to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFsHSHE-iJQ
>>
>>7942665
Imagine going to bed. There's a long period where you're not dreaming. For most people dreams only become apparently as they start to wake up. It feels like minutes as you slowly come back to the real world. Now imagine the time where you fall asleep. deep sleep. Before you start dreaming. The nothingness. That bare empty nothing less that you feel when you wake up knowing the last 8 hours are gone.

That's death. The long sleep.
>>
>>7944713
Say WHAT ?? Sheeeit. Try to imagine a 12 hour bad trip with a huge cancerous growth in your throat...
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.