[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you think humans will evolve over the next million years?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: .jpg (87 KB, 480x408) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
87 KB, 480x408
How do you think humans will evolve over the next million years? Is our species changing at all? Will a new species emerge?

I would imagine that over the next millennia we will evolve to look similar to pic related minus the gigantic eyes.
>>
>>7942624
Humans won't evolve further. They are so widespread that any natural selection taking place will quickly fade or not spread at all to a significant percentage of the population. The only way we will 'evolve' is by our own hand, with genetic engineering, and I can't say where that will take us in the future.
>>
I'd like a second opinion.
>>
>>7942634
Well this is complete bullshit, all of it. It might help if you had at least a rudimentary grasp of evolutionary biology.
>>
>>7942634
I've met some retards in my time but...
>>
File: evolution-projection.png (131 KB, 1021x759) Image search: [Google]
evolution-projection.png
131 KB, 1021x759
Here's what I came up with as a projection.

The development of the skull so far seems to suggest it might take on a fuller spherical form.

Keep in mind this is just a projection of a possible evolutionary development.
>>
>>7942624
We will probably eventually become totally hairless, all one ethnicity/skin color and far less differentiation in traits.

Random mutation is a bitch too so we might develop super powers
But without a doubt Humans of the future will look much more similar
>>
>>7943415
Evolution operates over hundreds or thousands of generations and at over 7 billion, the population is too large for any significant genetic changes to propagate across the entire gene pool. Add to that a lack of any substantial selection pressures and the fact we're all incredibly inbred anyway and there's no reason for the human genome to go diverging in any significant way for a long while. We'll have genetic mastery long before genetic drift sets in.
>>
File: 39682-17920.jpg (33 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
39682-17920.jpg
33 KB, 320x240
>>7943736
maybe...
>>
I heard a while ago that we were just going to keep going further what makes us different from other great apes.

So smaller jaw, bigger cranium, less hair, taller, loss of ability in the feet, increased ability of the hands. I know dick all about biology though.
>>
They actually cover evolutionary trends in homids in the intro to biology classes. Sagittal crest is lost pretty early on, the dental arcade becomes very U shaped over time, this trend may continue. Our jaw and tooth size is actually bigger than earlier hominids. There is also a trend with the protrusion of our chins, keeps increasing. Angle of our face is also becoming more steep. There is no reason to suspect these trends will discontinue. supraorbital ridge will likely disappear as well.
>>
>>7942624
They say autism is the result of evolution because of the exposure of people to technology.

So more than likely the human race will devolve into nonemotional, logical, boring meat-robots all connected via social media type interfaces.
>>
File: supercuck.png (145 KB, 979x769) Image search: [Google]
supercuck.png
145 KB, 979x769
>>7943736
here's my projection worked from your projection
>>
that last instance of natural selection changing the speices was when Homo Sapiens crossed with Neanderthal and Desnovian.

After that, things like tools, language, and agriculture halted any sort of natural selection.

It is up to our own intelligence to modify man in the future.
>>
>>7943842
Natural selection isn't intelligent design you moron.
>>
>>7943736
Idk, while we do have c sections available to us isn't our brain size limited by the size of the birth canal?
>>
File: worthless.jpg (70 KB, 752x440) Image search: [Google]
worthless.jpg
70 KB, 752x440
>>7942624
>How do you think humans will evolve over the next million years?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.