[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Uni Generals
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: images (64).jpg (28 KB, 438x336) Image search: [Google]
images (64).jpg
28 KB, 438x336
Uni feels

How do i engage in class and studies?

I feel completely removed/detached in class

(Lectures)i zone out, teacher asks me a question infront of the class i don't have an answer

Always happens, i can do homework at home in the weekends and read my notes

But doing in labs i can't even function...
>>
>>7942505
>i zone out, teacher asks me a question infront of the class i don't have an answer
Shit uni confirmed
>>
I dropped out of college last year. If you are zoning out all of the time and doing bad on assignments, I strongly recommend dropping out as well. I dropped out because I was failing every one of classes and I would get close to breaking down in tears before almost every class. Then I just stopped going to classes. Dropped out soon after. So OP, if you feel like you're going to fail the classes, I'd say just drop out and get it over with. You're wasting time by being there. It's nice to get some time off from school and give yourself a break.
>>
>>7942505
I can see it being a problem in labs, but does it actually matter in lecture? I've had a lot of terrible lecturers and I just ignore them and teach myself while working on assignments.
>>
>>7942505
If you pass exams and do well on work, don't worry about it.

If you start failing and become a huge crybaby like >>7942733 then you should consult your campus psychological services. (If you don't have this then you go to a shit school and I'm sorry but I cannot help you)
>>
>Double majoring in Biology and Chem with a minor in Marine Biology and a minor in Ecology

So busy, sometimes I miss being a loser on /v/.

I have to take Cal 1-3 for Chem and I'm a little nervous. I've taken Pre-Cal and I'm not bad at math, I just end up not taking enough time on my problems and make a stupid mistake.
>>
>>7943113
anon, you are very ambitious but you have not taken all of your lower division classes yet.

be very careful. you may find yourself needing quite a break. I am double majoring with Math and Electrical Engineering, planning on doing applied math grad school.
I spent 5 consecutive quarters with 4 classes and labs. no free time. For the first time I am taking only 3 classes (my math credits allowed me to skip some engineering work.)
Don't be afraid to take a load off, and you can make it.
>>
File: general in uniform.jpg (4 MB, 2400x3000) Image search: [Google]
general in uniform.jpg
4 MB, 2400x3000
>>7942505
>>
>>7943175

After Pre-Cal, the only thing required for my Bio degree is Cal 1 or Stats. I'm still in the process of taking Chem 1 right now and I took Pre-Cal last semester. I'm planning on taking Chem 2 and Cal 1 in the summer so I don't forget pre-cal stuff.

I can only take 3-4 classes because research projects are taking up the rest of my time. Gosh, I hope I can make it.
>>
>>7943186
>Gosh, I hope I can make it.
i feel a hint of sarcasm, but i really hope you do. it does not stay easy no matter what you think.
>>
>>7943250

Not being sarcastic, I really do hope I make it in my field. I'm always nervous about decisions and my decision to go into this field is no exception

I'm doing all I can and have self-taught myself in my favorite subject (mycology).
>>
File: TLyvf3M.png (137 KB, 400x392) Image search: [Google]
TLyvf3M.png
137 KB, 400x392
>tfw thermodynamics
>tfw hydro
>>
What is the best method to learn? I want to be better next semester.
>>
>>7943523
study hard until you don't have to study as hard

things come easier once you start to see the broader pattern, but not everyone is super keen to begin with
>>
>>7943523
>best method

there is no special trick to learning anon. you just have to put your time and do your problem sets.
>>
>>7943529
>>7943532
What could I do to understand some math problems bestter? What could I do the whole semester to be better? Learning everyday?
>>
>>7943185
What you did there? Yeah. I see it.
>>
>>7942505
ONLINE CLASSES FTW!!!!!!!!!!
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.