[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where were you when you realised that there are no particles,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 768x888) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 768x888
Where were you when you realised that there are no particles, only wave functions?
>>
>>7942176
there a fields on most models.
>>
you should jump off your roof and see how your waves displace those of the ground
>>
Physics class, I think.
>>
>>7942176
Young would like a word with you.
>>
particles and waves are model representations of physical phenomena, not their actual nature

l2empiricism goddamn people
>>
>>7942176
Then what do electrons cloud around, HUH?!
>>
>>7942288
You have approximative view of proton as passive fixed point, while tiny electron whirls around it.

The Truth is that they are both part of joint wave function.
>>
>>7942390
>proton
*EXCUSE* me? I consider the entire nucleus to be a wave function.
>>
>>7942392
As you should. I explain hydrogen. Simple example for simple person.
>>
in 11th grade english, when i was supposed to be writing an essay
i spent most of that time reading science journals and wikipedia pages

probably why i failed high school tbqh, i didnt even take a science class
>>
>>7942396
So basically the nucleus can be described as a drop which can *Swoosh* out into a pool? Makes sense in pertinence to the double slit thing.

But what's up with all of the empty space between atoms?
>>
File: Antisocial.png (157 KB, 672x373) Image search: [Google]
Antisocial.png
157 KB, 672x373
I was in the student room, discussing trajectories in spacetime with other student when I dropped scientific realism. I guess that's the
>realised that there are no particles
part, but of course the wave functions abstraction is also just a model.
I think one must get a good hold on the Wheeler-DeWitt equation before going too far further in that discussion.
>>
Sitting in my living room listening to Hawkwind, tripping.
>>
Reading Against the Day.
>>
>>7942176
Lol
>>
>>7942283
so you guys just ignore the correct obvious answer and talk bullshit ad infinitum?

>the ideology is strong with those anons
>>
An intro quantum physics class, taking notes.
>>
The Heisenberg picture is most likely closer to "how things really are" than the Schroedinger. The Schroedinger picture treats time too specially.
>>
>>7942413
You write like a faggot.
>>
File: getout.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
getout.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>7942667
welcome to /sci/, where science is IQ, your math problems are always high school level, and philosophical matters are welcomed with extreme hostility.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.