[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Those tanks have 4 millimeter inch thick stainless steal. So
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: 1458289225172.jpg (87 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1458289225172.jpg
87 KB, 600x450
Those tanks have 4 millimeter inch thick stainless steal.

So nothing can happen...
>>
File: 4showgirls_pt6_02.jpg (61 KB, 614x480) Image search: [Google]
4showgirls_pt6_02.jpg
61 KB, 614x480
Yes. No. Not at all.
>>
>>7940172
I'd be worried about the hoses, though.
>>
>>7940172
>millimeter inch

kill yourself
>>
>>7940172
Depends what's inside, the pressure could build thanks to the heat
>>
>>7940172
It only takes one of those sparks quantum tunneling into the tank, and there are millions of them.
>>
>>7940373
>quantum tunneling

Just imagine how common this is, in an infinite Universes this man has died and killed everyone in his workshop.
>>
>>7940256
you can't even feel them, let alone heat up a fucking tank.
>>
>>7940381
But he also saved an infinite amount of cancer ridden children because sparks quantum tunneled into their inoperable tumors and burned them!
>>
>>7940373
>>7940381
The sparks mainly hit the blue gas tank. It's probably oxygen gas inside and not flammable by itself. So a spark inside wouldn't do shit.

The red-ish one is likely acetylene. It might not burn by itself (without oxygen) but can undergo an exothermic reaction with itself. I cannot judge whether a spark inside could start the reaction.
>>
File: Mouthwash.webm (3 MB, 406x720) Image search: [Google]
Mouthwash.webm
3 MB, 406x720
>>7940172
At that distance you could bare your nutsack in the stream of sparks and nothing bad would happen. If you were really close it would be a problem though.
>>
File: han.png (601 KB, 562x597) Image search: [Google]
han.png
601 KB, 562x597
>millimeter inch
>steal
>>
It's not the penetration of the tanks that's the risk, it's leaky valves / hoses.
>>
>>7940595
With quantum tunneling, that spark itself is broken up into quantized packets of heat, and it would take a significantly narrow probability distribution to start a runaway exothermic reaction as that pressure. The question isn't "if," but at which distribution the tunneled heat would have a non-quantum effect.
>>
It won't burn your hand, you won't even feel the warmth, not to say about warning of burning through metal tank
>>
>>7940904
Taste the rainbow
>>
>>7940172
you could put these tanks into a big campfire and nothing would happen
>>
>>7942538
Yeah that's not true.
I use cut off wheels often enough to know that you get little spec sized burns from the removed material
>>
>>7940172
that's what you get when all you do is learn theory detached from realistic problems. You would be a terrible engineer. Scientist too.
>>
>>7942550
Seems legit

A few years ago in the news some drunk idiot threw a keg into a bonfire. Ended up exploding and sending massive chunks of aluminium shrapnel everywhere killing him and maybe a few others. Can't remember precisely.
>>
the sparks can't transfer enough heat to be a danger.
>>
>>7940373
Bull. The environment within the tank wouldn't even be conducive to combustion.
>>
>>7940172
Wise anons are right, only the hoses are at risk. I've seen sparks from a cutting torch melt through an acetylene line at the steel pickling plant I worked for. It burned a hole in the hose and turned it into a giant blow torch. One of the guys standing around watching just lept forward and turned the tanks off. Problem solved. They're not as scary as you seem to think.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.