[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how does one get rid of nightmares?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: Zdzisław Beksiński - 4.jpg (219 KB, 640x800) Image search: [Google]
Zdzisław Beksiński - 4.jpg
219 KB, 640x800
how does one get rid of nightmares?
>>
stay awake
>>
File: image_2.jpg (48 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
image_2.jpg
48 KB, 500x380
>>7939720
> engineers
>>
you grow up

and bills and creditors calling you become REAL nightmares
>>
>>7939729
> le adulthood is pure suffering compared to childhood

I'd rather be an adult anyday, I had some real serious night terrors as a kid and I never want to be a kid again.
>>
File: 1395881557628.png (100 KB, 216x204) Image search: [Google]
1395881557628.png
100 KB, 216x204
>>7939725
>non-engineers
>>
Kill yourself.
>>
>>7939745
Ahaha you must've been afraid of everything. Like that kid who didn't want to climb to the top of the tree or dive from the dock into 15 foot deep water 10 feet below or play with a dog bigger than himself. I feel sad for you fellas.
>>
>>7939837
This,

Also, when I was around 17 I kinda got very interested on my dreams (including nightmares) to the point I started to like having them.
Now I don't have them if they are not self induced. You could try that.
>>
File: 1453951334978.png (923 KB, 807x823) Image search: [Google]
1453951334978.png
923 KB, 807x823
>>7939837
I know this is b8 but I wasn't scared during the day. I jusy had sleep paralysis very very often and would hallucinate evil shadows and demons approaching me while I wasn't able to move.
>>
>>7939700
Get better, less interrupted sleep. If you wake up in the morning, don't toss and turn and try to catch 5 more minutes, instead get up and stay up. Those are the times you remember dreams more. Also, don't eat before bed. Your last meal should be 5 hours before you go to bed.
>>
>>7939858
Not him, but sleep paralysis is a thing.
I usually see shadows (not evil, just frightening) too.
Does sleep paralysis leads you to lucid dreams?
>>
File: Carl_Spitzweg_Der_arme_Poet_01.jpg (124 KB, 1024x830) Image search: [Google]
Carl_Spitzweg_Der_arme_Poet_01.jpg
124 KB, 1024x830
>>7939729
>mfw grew up
>stable job and zero credit
>always pay my rent and bills on time
>have a substantial amount of savings that grows at the end of each month
>mfw spend my free time reading, writing, rolling around on a skateboard or freely exploring my hobbies.
>no one forces me to do anything
>mfw this first time in my life i truly feel happy

Fuck you, childhood nostalgia retards. Adult life is the shit.
>>
>>7939867
I don't get them anymore but I could never know I was dreaming while I was dreaming. At one point, I was kinda unable to tell when something I remembered was a dream or not. I'd do homework that wasn't even assigned because I dreamed about it.

This was particularly shitty because my dreams were usually nightmares
>>
>>7939870
I thing you should try >>7939860
Also, make sure your room is really dark and try to isolate yourself from any sounds.
>>
>>7939700
Sleep on your side, or stomach, instead of your back. Trust me, it's 100% foolproof.
>>
>>7939869
where in that post is he nostalgic for childhood though.

once you move out of your parents house you'll see how tough it gets.
>>
>>7939895
>(You)
I live a continent away from my family. How did you miss the rent part?
/sci/fags are just autistic children that can't deal with real life outside of the lab.
>>
>>7939700
do a bunch of lsd and watch reruns of full house until their quirky, energetic, so-90's lifestyle is all that occupies your consciousness.
>>
>>7939725
Wew I had a grand chuckle at said picture. Thank you lad never saw that coo bird
>>
>>7939837
This. I sadly believe that I was a lot more of a badass as a kid than I am now. I seem to have regressed
>>
Visualize how you can deal with the nightmare, in the nightmare
>>
>>7939700
Kill it.

Eat healthier food. Adjust your eating habbit in a way that your digestion process has already proceeded to your lower bowels - essentially eat sooner.

Hope that helps you.
>>
>>7939700
sleep regularly and drink a lot of water
plus its just a fucking nightmare stop being such a wimp
>>
You're a kid now
You're a squid now
>>
>>7939860
I'm supposed to eat as much as I can, especially before sleep. Trying to gain weight.
how does eating/drinking water contribute to nightmares?
>>
>>7940199
irregular sleep patterns and dehydration produce nightmares
>>
>>7940206
I'll try and hydrate better, thanks
>>
>>7939700
Watch loads and loads of horror movies. I used to get loads of nightmares as a kid and now nothing scares me.
>>
>>7939858
Epileptic too? Brain scan dude, could be indicative of tumour.

Otherwise, deal with nightmares by interpreting the metaphors and dealing with whatever it is that your subconscious is trying to tell you.
>>
>>7939700
Say a rosary before bed
>>
DUDE WEED LMAOOO

Honestly though, THC inhibits REM sleep, I dream a lot less if I get high the evening before
>>
>>7939869
This, if you have a decent job and pay your bills on time adult life is better. Way more freedom.
>>
>>7940800
source
>>
drink some booze before bed
>>
>>7939700
>how
By fighting it.

A friend of mine had problems with recurring nightmares. You need to master lucid dreaming, he did. So once he had gotten the lucid stuff under control, he conjured a huge bomb in his dream, "knowing" it would annihilate everything in the dream except himself. He set it off and woke up.

He never had any nightmares after that.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.