[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ego pura mathematica facere, ergo sum. Where were you when you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: MaouSatan.png (1 MB, 1110x629) Image search: [Google]
MaouSatan.png
1 MB, 1110x629
Ego pura mathematica facere, ergo sum.

Where were you when you realized that people who don't study pure mathematics cannot even carry themselves into existance, therefore being pointless beings supported by our perception of them?

I do pure math, therefore I am.
>>
>>7935130
You fucked up that Latin grammar so badly, it hurts to read.

Math grad student here btw.
>>
>>7935189
>Knowing ancient as fuck languages

Did you turn gay or were you born gay?

I just google translated that shit.
>>
>>7935197
Latin was mandatory in high school for me. Why are you so proud of your low verbal intelligence?
>>
>>7935221
Are you 80 or something? That shit was mandatory in high school in the dark ages.
>>
>>7935130
At least I can spell existence.
>>
>>7935238
That is not enough to pull yourself up to reality. The moment that one math major you hang out with forgets about you, you will be gone.
>>
>>7935130

So you used google to translate something into Latin in order to look more intelligent, and then you proceeded to insult someone who actually studied Latin for calling you out on your shitty Latin?

Great job.
>>
What are you angling at here?
>>
>>7935130
That's honestly one of the saddest things I've read on 4chan, I can only begin to imagine what kind of psychological issues you have that made you this way, you should seek treatment brother.
>>
>>7935130
>therefore being pointless beings supported by our perception of them?
Then stop supporting them, and they should disappear
To bad that it doesn't work on you
>>
>>7935130
You know OP, most people wank with their penis
>>
*facio
And the ego is redundant faggot
>>
>>7935197
There's a reason google translate has put so few translators out of a job.

Ego is unnecessary, facere is in the infinitive, rather than first person present tense, pura mathematica is in the nominative rather than the accusative (?), and ... ergo sum, I'm not sure if that should be in the subjunctive or something like that?

A lot of non-meme-tier secondary schools offer latin.
>>
>>7935745
I think mathematicum is neutral, and thus mathematica is nominative and accusative plural.
Ergo sum is ok that way.
Source: 8 years of latin
>>
>>7935745
>>7935747
I correct myself, mathematica is femininum, which means it has to be puram mathematicam.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.