[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does alcohol affect children?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1448274339956.jpg (33 KB, 600x434) Image search: [Google]
1448274339956.jpg
33 KB, 600x434
How conclusive are the dangers of giving alcohol to children?

I'm from a weird part of wurope and I had alcohol(white wine) for the first time 5 years, given to me by my parents ofc. I didn't like it, and by the time I was 18 I tried pretty much all times of alcohol sparingly. I never got blank-out drunk in my life because alcohol was always unexceptional.

I'm doing a PhD thou but I have self-diagnosed depression
>>
You have fetal alcohol syndrome
RIP mate
>>
>>7935088
Well, the reason in the US we have legal drinking age as 21 is due to any [potential] damage that ethanol could do to a person's brain.
>>
>>7935096

so if you only care about the potential dangers it has over the human brain, why not ban it entirely, for adults as well?
>>
>>7935107
Yea because prohibition really worked out
>>
>>7935117

don't know m8. I'm not americunt. on what is the law based when it was set at 12 years and not 18 like most other countries?
>>
>>7935123

>21
>>
>>7935107
>why not ban it entirely, for adults as well?

informed consent you FUCKING retard.

An adult can and should be able to chose what to do with their own body. Weather they want to keep it healthy and safe or slice peices of it off for sadistic pleasure, it's their body, their rules.

Children, by contrast, don't yet have the information/intelligence needed to make the decision about what to do with their bodies. This is why their choices are made for them by the adult carers.

Amazing I actually had to explain that to someone on a board dedicated to science.
>>
>>7935096
The British drinking age is 18 and there is zero difference between the drinking cultures of the two. Both countries have a huge alcoholism problem. France on the other hand it's normal to give five year olds alcohol and they have no drinking problem. The moral of this story is that banning kids from alcohol does nothing except to make them want it so much that they go overboard when they finally get it.
>>
>>7935088
>I'm doing a PhD thou but I have self-diagnosed depression
Then you need to go outside and consume portions of glutamate.

Cardiovascfular essercise2 aka run

RUN

BAREFOOT
BITCH
>>
>>7935107
Why must you Europoors want everything banned?
>Hurr if children cant get fatty liver since they arent allowed to drink alcohol, adults should not either despite all the health hazard labels on alcoholic drinks!
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.