[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mathematica 10 Tutorial
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: images.jpg (10 KB, 221x228) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10 KB, 221x228
I've been using Mathematica for years, and I've learned to program there in the hard way: trial and error.
I've tried the Leonid Shifrin book, but it's outdated (some examples with "===" are no longer valid, for example.)
Anyone suggest a good source to learn how to program in Mathematica?
>>
File: pi_viertel_2.gif (721 KB, 200x204) Image search: [Google]
pi_viertel_2.gif
721 KB, 200x204
I also started with Mathematica.

But I don't see why you'd ever have to do more than writing scripts in that language, and they are slow.
It's good for symbolic computation, e.g. symbolic series expansions, and generally stuff which you'd have to represent in an ugly form in another language.

But if you want to learn to program, learn to program. Programming paradigms etc.

If you need to stick to it, I assume the Mathematica Stackexchange page knows more.
>>
Would really appreciate a starting point for learning Mathematica.
>>
>>7934816
googol.cawm
>>
>>7934792
Well, I do a lot of symbolic computation (theoretical physics) and from time to time I have to write my own code. From time to time I get stuck in some stupid shit that turn out to be a "feature" in the Mathematica language. That's why I want to learn more about programming there
>>
>>7934816
what do you need mathematica for
there are no starting points, just references
>>
Fuck Mathematica, anything it can do Python can do better.
>>
>>7935704
This
>>
>>7934756

I'd wanted to rebuild WolframTones with Mathematica, but it's a little more complicated than I originally thought.

WolframLanguage is supposed to be where you can look up the basic stuff, for the rest you should browse the database and download their notepads.
>>
>>7935704
But dude, I don't want to spend 2+ years writing something that's already built in Mathematica! That's the hole point of Mathematica!
>>
>>7935704
What the hell is this retardation
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.