[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>physicist holds Q&A >all questions are about aliens,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: vsgben.jpg (125 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
vsgben.jpg
125 KB, 960x640
>physicist holds Q&A
>all questions are about aliens, God, and time travel
>>
>>7934721
Thanks pop sci!
>>
File: 1424589868126 (2).jpg (35 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
1424589868126 (2).jpg
35 KB, 250x241
>what are they REALLY doing at CERN
>>
File: Teal'c.jpg (101 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Teal'c.jpg
101 KB, 1920x1080
>The GOD Particle
>>
>>7934725
Fuck my father does this and it's annoying
>>
>>7934728
Where did that name come from anyway?
>>
>>7934744
Popsci articles when the report first published.
>>
>>7934744
Allegedly, it was the goddamned particle at first and later changed to god because of the offensive language. It was supposed to imply the particle was as illusive as God.

Can't vouch for the veracity but it's the version I know
>>
>>7934721
Well nobody is going to be asking about Lagrangian mechanics...
>>
>>7934738
Same here, but with HAARP
>>
>>7934744
>>7934747
>>7934765

It's the name of the book by Leon Lederman , in his own words:

>This boson is so central to the state of physics today, so crucial to our final understanding of the structure of matter, yet so elusive, that I have given it a nickname: the God Particle. Why God Particle? Two reasons. One, the publisher wouldn't let us call it the Goddamn Particle, though that might be a more appropriate title, given its villainous nature and the expense it is causing. And two, there is a connection, of sorts, to another book, a much older one...
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.