[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If we are herbivores by nature. What made our ancestors decide
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: roasted-chicken-dinner.jpg (714 KB, 1899x1441) Image search: [Google]
roasted-chicken-dinner.jpg
714 KB, 1899x1441
If we are herbivores by nature. What made our ancestors decide to eat meat?

Knowing this today. What do human still eat meat?
>>
>>7934446

It's tastier and when you don't know how to farm it's easier to find than scavenging
>>
>>7934450

But we were not made to catch food. Our legs can't keep up with animals try to catch a deer with your bear hands.
>>
>>7934455

It's not about speed it's about endurance, how do you think our ancestors managed to survive before they developed more effective weapons?
>>
>>7934458
Notice I said bear hands. I would guarantee If you were to spook a deer it would run away further than your own endurance would allow you to manage.
>>
>>7934470

Look up persistence hunting, it's the theory that humans were able to tire out faster prey by continually chasing them
>>
>>7934455
>But we were not made to catch food. Our legs can't keep up with animals try to catch a deer with your bear hands.
We're actually one of the best long-distance runners on the planet, and can run down most quadrupeds over time.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endurance_running_hypothesis#Endurance_running_and_persistence_hunting
>>
>>7934455
Are you retarded? Humans are by far the best long distance runners on the planet.
>>
>>7934446
>If we are herbivores by nature

Where the fuck did you hear this?
>>
Gastrointestinal tract like a carnivore and not a herbivore.
>Vegan by design

We started eating meat because the fuel supply of plants is hard to extract from. Nutrient/energy dense foods allowed us to proliferate as a species. Cows became tastier by natural selection.
>>
humans eat everything they can get
>>
>>7934470

Not really, humans are better runners than deer.
>>
>>7934446

veggies are for fags lmao
>>
>>7934564
Have you look at the human body and its digestive system compare that to other animals?
>>7934540
>>7934556
Yes but in some case you might end up the one tired before they are. Lets say a deer flees for about 300m.

It will take you a few minutes to catch up to it and then it will flee for another 300m. It may pant for a bit and rest. As you are trying to catch up.

That is not really that far but yet I can see people running out in my area to catch a bus and not even run 100m and they will be out of breath .
>>
>>7934446
>herbivores by nature
we're not. learn some anatomy, you turd
>>
>>7934446
>we are herbivores by nature
Where the fuck do you get this wrong info?
>>
>>7934600

are you really this fucking stupid?
>>
>>7934600
>comparing pre-civilaztion human activity levels to the activity level of average people today

Are you actually retarded?
>>
>>7934600
>Have you look at the human body and its digestive system compare that to other animals?
Have you? And by this I mean, did you actually do a comparison yourself or did you just read an infographic of cherrypicked observations from some vegan site?
>>
>>7934455
>>7934470
I think bear hands are pretty effective at catching deer.
>>
>>7934600
So many levels of wrong here, can,t be bothered to spend too much time rebutting you, so let's do this quick.

Everything from out dentition to digestive track points to us being omnivores, people weren't as sedentary back then, people without tools wouldn't chase an animal alone they'd do it in groups, few animals sweat as much as humans do which allows for better thermoregulation in long chases.

I also vaguely recall something about vegan diets being unhealthy for young children, but biology isn't my field, so I dunno.
>>
>>7934621
>Are you actually retarded?
He's posting vegan propaganda, so probably yes.
>>
>>7934597
LMAO!!!!!!!
>>
>>7934446
Monkeys eat bugs all the time dumbass
>>
>>7934446
We have teeth specialized for biting into flesh
>>
>>7934446
i understand you anon. Humans are infact able to eat meat, dairy, and eggs, HOWEVER none of these are good for us, people only think they are bc they have nutrients even tho theres so many other factors that outweigh the nutrients, like cancer. Maybe our ancestors WAY BACK could hunt but i guarantee not many EVOLVED humans can hunt anymore.
Just going to have to wait for natural selection to breed out non-vegans unless the earth and all other life dies first since a non-vegan diet is actually unsustainable.
>>
Human evolution greatly accelerated the moment we started eating meat. The additional protein meant more time to hunt and bigger brains.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.