[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Study Techniques Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (108 KB, 506x632) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108 KB, 506x632
How do I build up skills in explanation and deduction of certain effects in Physics with minimal time, its not something I can just memorise, and don't have a lot of time to sit down 8 hours and work, how do I maximise gain in skill based ability? A level physics here.
>>
>>7933716
write shit down

not type, write with a pencil and your hand

and make sure you think about what you're writing down, if you don't understand something there's no point writing it down (unless it's explicitly something you don't need to understand)

this works for me, but people are different so it might not work for you. It depends what "style" learner you are.
>>
>>7933716
>A level physics here.

Do problems. Lots of problems. It might help you more if you get a friend to do them as well then come together and both talk about how you arrived at your answers.
>>
>>7933716
Bump
>>
>>7933716
Bump
>>
>>7933716
Bump
>>
>>7933716
Bump
>>
>>7933716
Read the book. Read ahead, read behind, read related materials at a higher level. The best way to solidify knowledge and understanding is to integrate it into a larger structure of memories.

Seek out and carefully learn (and practice, if necessary) every new theorem.
>>
>>7935244
I meant the proof of ever theorem
>>
There is always one answer to this question.
Amphetamines.
>>
>>7933716
Is there a way to rest my mind after a long work session?
>>
>>7935551
I usually just watch a movie
>>
>>7935788
Like in between work, like 15 minutes of rest after mental fatigue starts kicking in
>>
>>7935903
Bump
>>
+1 on writing. Its 3 forms of memorization. You're thinking about it. Youre writing it out, and youre looking at it. Speak what you write either in your head or slightly out loud (no need to yell..) for additional bonus points.

Also quizzing yourself is a thousand times better than reviewing notes.
>>
>>7933716
You want to start to think of things in the big picture- how do concepts relate to eachother, why things happen in a system,everything is interconnected. the more you can relate physics concepts together the less you have to memorize and the better equipped you are at dealing with new problems. Practice problems have their place, but you will get more out of going over the fundamentals.

try and study a bit everyday instead of 1-2 days. you want to get into a routine that you can stick to

don't study with music/tv on

write your notes in your own words

do dimensional analysis- always think to yourself does my answer make sense.. is it reasonable based on the inputs

google "cal newport study hacks" it has a lot of more specific techniques for studying
>>
>>7935903
Oh right
Well I watch films if I had a long breakless study session, like 3 or 4 hrs.
I couldn't think that having only a 15 minute break before a second long session would be enough to unwind myself. Have you tried exercise or meditating? Seems like something you could do in 15 minutes.
>>
Any tips for someone with ADHD to make the most out of studying

I can sit for 4 hours but sometimes it feels like i only get an hour of work done
>>
>>7937545
Same here bump
>>
>>7937545
Bump
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.