[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got a raspberry pi, anyone got ideas reguarding what i should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: IMG_20160314_182056.jpg (3 MB, 3096x3096) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160314_182056.jpg
3 MB, 3096x3096
Just got a raspberry pi, anyone got ideas reguarding what i should do with it?
>>
File: r2d2.jpg (49 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
r2d2.jpg
49 KB, 615x409
>>7932487
>>
Kill yourself with it
>>
Bumpin for you, because I have an Arduiono lying around collecting dust.
>>
lol. same situatuion here. create a NAS device with it. only field of appl though
>>
>>7932487
>>>/g/
>>
>>7932487
actually seed your torrents
>>
>>7932487
Make an IED
I joke CIA. I joke...
>>
Yeah, I want the pi 3 because I am trying to learn python but I don't know what I would do with it
>>
make light blink in different patterns
buy speaker, make notes at specific frequencies
etc
>>
>>7932631
just learn python on your computer, what do you need a raspberry pi for?
>>
>>7932487
Connect it to a SDR dongle and turn it to a super fancy radio. You can even make a passive radar with this stuff. examples are shown on YouTube.
>>
>>7932638
I want something to program other than project euler problems and reddit bots
>>
>>7932600
Improvised Electronic device?
>>
>>7932487
Dust collector. And a paperweight. 2 in 1.
>>
>>7932487
garbage sensor.
>>
File: 3d2.png (407 KB, 570x489) Image search: [Google]
3d2.png
407 KB, 570x489
>>7932487
put it where it belongs, the trash
>>
build an autonomous robot.
>>
>>7932487

guided missile
>>
>>7932996
Coincidentally, ive been working on my F34/LOx rocket and ive been trying to work on the best way of guiding it. Obviously not for nefarious purposes but for keeping it on a flight path so that it can land in the same place as it launched. Looking at 33000ft altitude and have boards for baro alt and acceleration but nothing for guidance yet.

My sugar rockets never went high enough for it to be an issue but this liquid design has a lot more power
>>
File: reaction.jpg (60 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
reaction.jpg
60 KB, 1280x720
>>7933005
>33k ft altitude
>guided
>"obviously not for nefarious purposes"
>>
OP, cover your face with it
>>
BEOWULF CLUSTER
Seriously I know a guy who made a Raspberry Pi distributed computing setup. It was silly and slow.
>>
>buy dev board with no plan or idea ahead of time for a project

Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>7932487
Host your own web page.
>>7933005
>have boards for baro alt and acceleration but nothing for guidance yet.
Shelve both and get a Naze32 full. It's specifically designed for flight control purposes, has a baro, 3-axis accelerometer, 3-axis gyros, and a 3-axis magnetometer. And all the firmware is already worked out for you; all you have to do is set up some custom mixes for your airfame (assuming none of the default mixes are suitable).

Now, are you talking guidance just on ascent? Or do you have some plan to guide it on the way down? Not sure how that would work under parachute or whatnot.
>>
Retropie
>>
>>7932487
Blast it with piss.
Post results.
>>
refund it and get back your money
its useless
>>
>>7932957
you forget doorstopper
>>
Install ROS, do robot thangz. ROS will teach you linux (well, it wont, teach you, as much as force you to teach yourself) and it has a lot of useful tutorials.
>>
There are lots of fun things you can do with your pi. I use one to monitor/control humidity, temperature and light in my grow box. I use another one to run a home security/automation system that I have written. The pi can be a blast to play with. Just use your imagination.
>>
>>7932487
sell it to buy some rope so you can hang yourself
>>
>>7932594
This
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.