[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a reason why everybody isn't wanting to become
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
Is there a reason why everybody isn't wanting to become a Registered Nurse?

You make around $65,000 a year, and only have to go to college for two years.

In other words, you're making more than enough engineer while only going to college for two years

Why wasn't I told about this in school? Why aren't you and I wanting to become one right now? Let's take the medical pill, bros
>>
It's a shitty job and paid a lot worse where I live.
>>
>>7931914
Huh? Do you live in america, canada, Europe, or Australia? Google your country and the registered nurse salary
>>
File: 9FEHxTE.jpg (22 KB, 640x200) Image search: [Google]
9FEHxTE.jpg
22 KB, 640x200
>>7931910
>You make around $65,000 a year, and only have to go to college for two years.
Code Monkey here.
$80k and no college.
Shit niggers, I went to Vo-Tech.
>>
>>7931910
because shit hours and shit people and shit patients

not to mention people will shit on you about not making it in med school even if your goal was to be a nurse.

t. 5 years working in a hospital experience
>>
>>7931910
My mom and a lot of my family members are nurses. They all went to school for 4 years. It also seems like an incredibly social job which I wouldn't want to deal with. It's anything but easy work.
>>
>>7931917
Germany
>>
>>7931919
You will also have to clean up literal shit.
>>
>>7931918
Pajeet hates you. He is your enemy.
>>
>>7931932

this, but some people are okay with it.

>>7931919

yeah, many nurses, especially male nurses, will get the "med-school reject" treatment. Family NPs though are highly sought after positions.
>>
>>7931910
Some people who go for RN end up working in a nursing home. Those places are fucking nightmare fuel and I'd rather have my dick chopped off than work in one of those.

t. EMT-Basic
>>
>>7931910
>Literal 80 hour work week
>7pm-7am
>Shift work disorder
>Guaranteed to be least educated person in room
>Engineers starting salary

At least you have job security
>>
>>7931919
Literally this.

I'm taking a class right now to refresh my memory for the MCAT, and I have a bunch of nurses in my class who are struggling with basic anatomy. I don't know how they managed to get their degrees in the first place.

Really made me underappreciate nurses more than I already did. Whenever I go to a hospital (which is almost never), I always ask the nurse to get the doctor because I just don't trust nurses.
>>
>>7931919
>shit hours and shit people and shit patients
>not to mention people will shit on you about not making it in med school
...and the actual, literal shit of diseased people.
>>
>>7932082
That's basically any medical profession though
>>
>>7931910
You can make 2 to 3 times this much.
>>
>>7931910
Yeah because I don't want to literally pull the shit out of 90 year old women.

Also because I love math and if I can get a career making mathematical models for pharmaceutical or financial institutions, I'd be a happy man.
>>
Or you can go into trades, make more than that after dropping out of high school, and later tripling that amount after 10 years.
>>
>>7932085
Yeah, but when it comes to actually wiping it off of people who have soiled themselves, everyone backs off and calls a nurse.
>>
>>7931910
Bathing old people, cleaning up bodily fluids, pressure, long hours, emotionally demanding
>>
>>7932096
and then go on disability at age 40
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.