[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CNS Lymphatic System
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: new-lymphatic-system-map.jpg (23 KB, 750x412) Image search: [Google]
new-lymphatic-system-map.jpg
23 KB, 750x412
Why is this discovery so based? What does /sci/ think?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meningeal_lymphatic_vessels
>>
>>7929561
it's ok. what would be so special about it? just another lymph system
>>
>>7929561
I have never understood what the lymphatic system actual does. Anyone cares to explain it in a fucking understandable manner?
>>
>>7929730
so think blood vessels but for mucus
>>
>>7929730
you're mom
>>
How does this relate to neurodegenerative diseases?
>>
>>7929817
you're mom
>>
>>7929730
The lymph of the lymphatic system is composed mostly of plasma, proteins, and lymphocytes (T and B cells). Immune cells can enter the lymphatic system from the blood and enter into lymph nodes. Sampling of antigens occurs in the lymph nodes and if a lymphocyte recognizes an antigen/pathogen it stops recirculating.

Lymph nodes are highly organized sites full of immune cells. The lymphatic system is a network that connects lymph nodes and allows for effective surveillance of the body, and if necessary a focused and potent immune response against invading pathogens.
>>
>>7929817
The area may be less of an immune privileged site than once thought, which is basically suppression of certain aspects of immunity to avoid damaging effects. This might lead to a higher chance of an inflammatory response. Inflammation is a fundamental mechanism of the immune response but has damaging effects on the body, especially if in a state of chronic inflammation.

Inflammation in the brain leads to tissue damage and degeneration of the neural architecture. I'm not positive but I think inflammation plays a role in a number of neuro diseases.
>>
>>7929730
It's a way of returning extra cellular fluid to blood circulation. Lymph all returns to your venous circulation through the greater thoracic duct. Lymphocytes hang out in the lymph system and monitor the fluid to catch pathogens and mount an immune response.

The lymphatic system also carries fats and dumps them into blood circulation, because you can't absorb most fats through your intestinal cells.
>>
>>7929890
It was on science news yesterday I believe, inflammation playing a role in Alzheimers and being detectable 20 years before symptoms. But today's good news is, offset it by eating blueberries.
>>
So is this an alternative exit route to the glymphatic system?
>>
File: brain-size-by-race-liberal1.jpg (60 KB, 369x378) Image search: [Google]
brain-size-by-race-liberal1.jpg
60 KB, 369x378
>>7929561
Niggers are stupid.
>>
>>7932125
Thanks, /pol/, that was a good post

Back to jew in the studio
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.