[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why all the controversy around this guy? i know he was a nazi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: wernher.jpg (11 KB, 226x170) Image search: [Google]
wernher.jpg
11 KB, 226x170
why all the controversy around this guy? i know he was a nazi but he put people on the moon
>>
but there was no controversy
>>
What controversy?
>>
>he put people on the moon
>>
>>7929019

That...can be misinterpreted?
>>
>>7928991
At the time there was a tonne of people pissed that 'A Nazi that bombed London and a member of the SS' was the leader of the American rocket program. They wanted an American to do it (despite the fact that Von Braun was an American citizen now)

Von Braun apparently didn't care about politics.
He wanted rockets, he was German, the Nazis gave him money for rockets. Nazis lost.
America took him, did nothing until the soviets were in space, then the Americans gave him money for rockets, america won, Von Braun died and along with it any hope of getting men out of low earth orbit for the next 50 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjDEsGZLbio
>>
>>7929030
still failing to see the controversy other than what you have constructed for yourself. details of brauns nazi past were heavily concealed for decades anyway
>>
>>7929040
They were concealed and ignored for decades sure.

But people seem to have trouble saying that Von Braun was a great man for putting men on the moon, while he was also literally worked thousands of Jews and such to death creating weapons which were used to bomb civilians. Thus controversy.
>>
>>7928947
>he was a nazi
>why all the controversy?
>>7929040
If Britain welcomed one of the guys behind 9/11 with open arms into their country how would America feel? Looking out through my window I can still see gaps in the Victorian houses where Nazi bombs fell. He should have been shot.
>>
>>7929673
he was responsible for the moonlanding, dipshit

that more than offsets the "UUURRRHH HUUUH NAZI EVIL!!111" thing.
>>
Gather 'round while I sing you of Wernher von Braun,
A man whose allegiance
Is ruled by expedience.
Call him a Nazi, he won't even frown,
"Ha, Nazi, Schmazi," says Wernher von Braun.

Don't say that he's hypocritical,
Say rather that he's apolitical.
"Once the rockets are up, who cares where they come down?
That's not my department," says Wernher von Braun.

Some have harsh words for this man of renown,
But some think our attitude
Should be one of gratitude,
Like the widows and cripples in old London town,
Who owe their large pensions to Wernher von Braun.

You too may be a big hero,
Once you've learned to count backwards to zero.
"In German or English I know how to count down...

...And I'm learning Chinese!" says Wernher von Braun.

>https://youtu.be/QEJ9HrZq7Ro
>>
>>7929673
>He should have been shot

There was this thing called the cold war.
The personal resentment a group of people had for a scientist who had some involvement in Nazi weapons production was irrelevant when facing the geo political threat of an enemy country having the ultimate high ground.

Von Braun was the best rocket scientist at the time. He was the only person capable of sending men to the moon and making good on Kennedy's promise.
>>
>>7930588
Not the only person.
Sergei Korolev - with less retarded govt and little more luck. If he led NASA we'd be on the Mars by now.
>>
>>7929673
boo hoo
>>
File: n1.jpg (231 KB, 392x500) Image search: [Google]
n1.jpg
231 KB, 392x500
>>7930807
yeah because this piece of shit worked out great
>>
>>7930811
that's different because it happened to the bad guys ;^)
>>
If nazis would have won, we would have colonies in the moon and been in the mars.
>>
All modern technology dates back to 1900's Germany. Suck it, you failures.
>>
>>7930814
Didn't get enough money for tests but was rushed to start.
>>
>>7930843
>>7930814
Oh yeah - and Americans were using those engines till not long ago.
>>
>>7930811
You deserved it faggot.
>>
>>7928947
Because he was a Nazi and put people on the moon? It wouldn't be a controversy if he was just a Nazi.
>>
>>7929703
Are you American? How would you feel if instead of von Braun it was the 9/11 guys?
>>
>>7931597

I'd praise them
>>
>>7931738
>>7931597

>kill a bunch of people and impact american economy negatively

Just a few people, wont take long to birth new ones. And we can just build a new WTC.

>secure humanity's future in space
I would fucking worship them.
>>
>>7931597
>implying government agencies and 9/11 guys aren't the same thing
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.