[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's say you were to improve this whole brain/spine situation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image3.png (164 KB, 315x546) Image search: [Google]
image3.png
164 KB, 315x546
Let's say you were to improve this whole brain/spine situation we have going on, and our eyes.

What engineering flaws would you remove and what would you improve on? You can be as vague or specific as you want, I'm just curious as to a discussion of the human body in this sense.

So for this thread, pretend the human body is this blob you found engineered by aliens and you're some overconfident person trying to punch holes in their blueprints.

Also, while we probably wouldn't have had much of an advantage if we could see all of the electromagnetic spectrum, could it benefit us in the future? Particularly in experimenting.
>>
>>7928261
seeing all electromagnetic light would let us avoid skin cancer at the beaches as we would see the ultraviolet light shining down on the beach

it would probably scare the hell out of people getting xrayed as well
>>
>>7928266
We would also see radio waves leaking all over the place and there could be some kind of attempt to combat that. Maybe we'd be better at manipulating radio waves when we have to worry about it leaking all over the place.
>>
>>7928271
oh yeah

all the things broadcasting/receiving radiowaves would be bright as balls

even microwaves would be very very intense on the eyes
>>
Being able to see more of the em spectrum would probably make research into or involving em radiation significantly easier as people would have a much more intuitive understanding of it.
>>
>>7928277

Yup. Maybe if we reach a point where sticking embedded tech throughout your body is a truly feasible option, there'll be a closer connection to these tools.

AI is a close second, if we do it right.
>>
A ton of headaches and migraines are set off by pinched nerves, tight inner muscles and thin dura mater / arachnoid lining. These headaches are like brain freezes, where the neck is tense, so the face and head are in agony.

I think adding a thicker arachnoid tissue and dura mater along side more durable muscles beneath the cervical vertebrae would be an incredible improvement for mankind.
>>
Perhaps a brain that isn't encased in a helmet of calcium. If we're redesigning a human to place in modern civilization, they should be bulletproof. I also would get rid of conscious thought. Let that shit go on in the background.
>>
>>7928261
Just allow different parts to actually regenerate

Also put it in the torso? Get those vital organs all well protected together
>>
>>7928333
Why not cram everything into a durable bulletproof and modular box with expansion ports? No one needs to be people shaped anymore if we have the ability to change it!
>>
File: howabout.gif (3 MB, 332x200) Image search: [Google]
howabout.gif
3 MB, 332x200
>>7928271
>combat that
Yeah, by using wires everywhere.
>>
>>7928343

I was thinking maybe work would be done into making them more direct, but that doesn't make any sense.

You'd have to completely change everything if we were to give humans the ability to see radio waves. That's a downside. When it comes to radio waves, it's good for us to be blind to it and take advantage of our inability to see the fucking stuff.
>>
>>7928261
Better repair functions.

The ability to quickly implement new neural plasticity changes rather then being hampered by old patterns.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.