[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good-paying medical careers where I can work in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1301436655030.jpg (41 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1301436655030.jpg
41 KB, 600x800
What are some good-paying medical careers where I can work in a hospital environment, but not have to frequently interact with patients?

I'm interested in medicine, but have the social skills of an autistic child and hate explaining things to ignorant people.
>>
Coroner. If you have to "frequently interact with patients," you need to find a new hospital.
>>
>>7927577
Study mathematics and then work as the statistician of a medical institution.

If you want to be a memer then double major in math and biology or some shit.
>>
>>7927577
Radiology, pathology and laboratory stuff.
>>
Radiology (not interventional), Pathology

Radiology is a very competetive field to get into, but pays very well.
Pathology is less so as there is a severe shortage of pathologists because the compensation is lower than almost every other medical specialty, and most MD's don't want to just be in the lab analyzing samples all day. If it's something that interests you, you'll at least basically be guarenteed a job upon graduation.
>>
>>7928989
Kek
>>
>>7927577
Pathology might be perfect for you.
>>
>>7928989
What does radiologists exactly does?
I see they're one of best paid doctors but why is that?
>>
>>7929321

This. What exactly do radiology and pathology fags do?
>>
>>7929330
>>7929321
Most of the work of a pathologist consists of looking at samples under a microscope, biopsies, cytologies, etc. Today there aren't many autopsies.
Radiologists generally interpret radiological images produced by different imaging techniques. They also often perform minor surgical procedures.

I would definitely not recommend you to get an MD if you are not interested in interacting with patients. It's not only about your studies, which involve a lot of patient contact, it's that a basic part of being a doctor is interacting with patients. It's true that with technology we now have specialties with limited patient contact, but it doesn't change the fact that this is one of the most basic parts of a doctor's job. Why would you consider work as a radiologist and not an imaging technician for instance? Why pathologist and not medical research?
>>
Janitor
>>
>>7930401
this desu
>>
IT guy
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.