[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it true that only at about 18 years old does the brain develop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
Is it true that only at about 18 years old does the brain develop enough to work with advanced mathematics, but the brain stops developing at 25.
So you have between 18-25 to train your brain, and whatever level of ability you achieve by 25 will stay with you for the rest of your life?
>>
Yes its true, but a banana is also radioactive.

The extent of this is probably not noticeable to any significant degree. People usually just claim this because younger people tend to have more ambition and thus achieve more. This is, however, a reflection of you as a person as opposed to your biological factors.

(e.g. only babies can learn languages) A baby spends 24/7/365 for 4-7 years learning a language. People on average spend around 2-8 months w/ a couple hours thrown in here and there
>>
>>7926120

Wait I've spent 14-24 smoking pot almost everyday.

I was considering quiting and going back to school.

Have I just dun goofed and may as well go into trades and be sad pleb?
>>
>>7926123

Life is full of hard choices.

Make one and commit to it
>>
>>7926127

I thought harvard did a study that said if I quit weed my brain should recouver after 3 weeks, but I've also read studies that tells me my brain is perma-fucked
>>
>>7926117
How do you guys come up with this shit? No it's not true. Von Neumann vas doing calculus when he was 8 years old. Stop being a manlet and git gud.
>>
>>7926136

It's not really fair to bring up Von Neumann. Guy was probably an alien or something.
>>
>>7926136

Holy shit, why isn't this guy a meme instead of Tesla.
>>
>>7926176
Because he's the real deal
>>
>>7926136
holy fuck, that guy fucking fundamentally changed the world and is hardly known by anyone

what would a modern day equivalent to this guy be
>>
>>7926448
Jacob Barnett, duh
>>
>>7926448
Me.
>>
>>7926117

No and you're a retard for asking such retarded questions.
>>
At my place the rumor is, you're either famous as a mathematician when you're 30 or you're fucked. But of course there's always counterexamples, for instance that guy 2 years ago who proved a weaker version twin prime conjecture but was already 5X at a shitty community college.
>>
>>7926130
Why don't you find out for yourself which is the case?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.