[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reality
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1383369876239.gif (956 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1383369876239.gif
956 KB, 500x500
I believe that if we were able to peer into the 4th dimension, our 4th dimension, we could see a sort of infinite, flat wall consisting entirely of "gears". There is a flat dimension of "machinery" operating on all the matter in our universe, explaining the expansion of space, the nature of quantum mechanics, and the problem of free-will/causality.

Elementary particles have a 4-dimensional aspect. I don't know this to be true, however I have deduced it intuitively. As Carl Segan notably explained, a 3D object embedded in two dimensions would appear as a 2D slice to its observers, the example being a sphere appearing as a circle. As the circle travels upward, a direction unfathomable to the 2D onlookers, the sphere begins to shrink and disappear, eventually reemerging in another location. A similar interaction occurring in our 3D universe would explain, I can now only assume, all the mysteries of our universe.

As the Holo Universe theory continues to gather steam, it is worth noting that this interpretation of the universe allows their compatibility. I stipulate that the universe actually appears similar to the output of a function computed on a computer, one with a distinct beginning and end. Our reality, our universal computer if you will, would allow for infinite iterations and recursions.

This is similar to the namesake of the Taoists, explained in the Tao Te Ching.
>The Tao is like a well: used but never used up. It is like the eternal void: filled with infinite possibilities. It is hidden but always present.

It makes me happy knowing that there exists some order to this reality. Even if man is unable to decipher it its mysteries fully, it is no less entangled in its all encompassing design.
>>
>>7924769
>I believe
That's nice honey, back to your containment board >>>/x/
>>
>>7924773
>That's nice honey, back to your containment board >>>/x/
or >>>/his/
see >>>7924453
>>
/sci/ really is a shits how is this being overlooked
>>
>>7924857
no mods apparently
>>
>>7924857
shut up gay boy just sage and hide if you don't like it

>why won't anyone babysit me
>>
>>7924769
I don't get it.
>>
>>7924769
Hidden, reported, saged, called the cops.
>>
>>7924769
Seriously, are you 16?
>>
funny how this is a common hallucination while on salvia, the gears, machine gnomes, trains, conveyor belts, direction, the underlying machinery of reality.
maybe the mind just wants there to be something deeper, maybe there is machine gnomes I donno.
you guys are fools for thinking you have it all figured out
>>
>>7924897
Here we fucking go. Did you just experience your first trip? Did you figure out the secrets of the universe and feel the need to share with /sci/? Fucking newfags, man.
>>
>>7924897
We should now dedicate this thread to the phenomenon of archetypal hallucinations.
I don't think saying "pareidolia!" is enough to explain common hallucinations of such complexity. Even if it was simply pareidolia in the case of gnome-like figures, why the fuck is it gnomic pareidolia? Etc.
I'd really like to see /sci/'s input on archetypal hallucinations.
>>
>>7925022
I dream of rain.
>>
>As Carl Segan notably explained, a 3D object embedded in two dimensions would appear as a 2D slice to its observers

In Flatland, the flatlander is bumped into the third dimension, and he recognizes that something is different. In a 2D universe, there's no way to push things in the third dimension - so, therefore, the flatlander always existed in a 3D universe and just never noticed.

Which means that the flatlander was always composed of 3D matter - that 3D matter was simply squeezed until it formed the thinnest possible layer. That would seem to preclude even atoms - imagine elementary particles.

High force could do this, but as soon as the flatlander left flatland, he'd fold into a 3D structure - this is a problem with 2D molecules such as graphene.

Since all it takes to make something move in a specific direction is force, it would be inevitable that a 4D object which was flat in the fourth dimension would acquire a 4D bump that caused it to fold up.

We'd know if we lived in a 4D world, because we'd perceive it. Since we don't, we can infer that we live in a world of three spacial dimensions.

>As the circle travels upward, a direction unfathomable to the 2D onlookers, the sphere begins to shrink and disappear, eventually reemerging in another location

I always that he was trying to illustrate wormholes with that. Speaking of which, time could be the fourth dimension you speak of, and if it was an infinite loop, you could go to the past by going to the future. Certain types of wormholes have been thrown out because they allow time travel.

Recently, a lot of scientists have expressed disappointment with CERN's results, because they meant two things - one, that there was no evidence for any new particles beyond the Higgs, and two, that they had to explain everything with the standard model, which they can't do (Hence CERN - to acquire more fuel for theories).
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.