[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain to me how the things in the red box are achieved?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: helps.png (317 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
helps.png
317 KB, 1280x720
Can someone explain to me how the things in the red box are achieved?

I never got how to foil polynomials to the power of three. And if you guys could also tell me what to search up on YouTube?

Thanks
>>
>>7922697
if you don't know the "pattern" you need to follow, just do the polynomial to the power of two and multiply it by the term again.

(x+t)^2 * (x+t)
>>
>>7922704
I end up with x^3 + x^2t + 4x + 4t ..
>>
File: -1.jpg (28 KB, 668x491) Image search: [Google]
-1.jpg
28 KB, 668x491
>>7922697
For any power higher than 3 you'd use this triangle to find the coeficcents of the terms.

For example:

(a+b)^n = (nC0)a^n + (nC1)a^(n-1)b.....+(nCn)b^n

The C's are the reffering to the nCr function that is probably on your calculator but also reffers back to this magical triangle where the n is the row and the r is the position (both starting with 0) e.g: 7C1 = 7

(This is called the binomial expansion btw should you want to do some further reading)
>>
>>7922722
Very helpful, and just to be sure when you say, "...position (both starting with 0)..," you mean to say both sides right?
>>
>>7922740
And to include, which row would I start with if I wanted to expand something that was to the power of three?
>>
>>7922697
a*a*a = a*(a*a)
what the fuck is wrong with you.
>>
>>7922754
That doesn't help
>>
>>7922800
bumps
>>
>>7922800
(x+t)(x+t) = x^2 + 2xt + t^2
(x^2 + 2xt + t^2)(x+t) =
x^3 + 2x^2t + xt^2 + x^2t + 2xt^2 + t^3
x^3 + 3x^2t + 3xt^2 + t^3

you fucking brainlet
>>
>>7922970
thx, thats helpful
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.