[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /sci/'s experience with meet and greets? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (149 KB, 1300x866) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
149 KB, 1300x866
What's /sci/'s experience with meet and greets?

I had an interview two weeks ago and now they want me to go back and meet my potential co-workers to see if we mesh well and can work together.

How do I strike the right note?
Should I go casual or formal?
What would /sci/ want to see in a potential co-worker?
>>
That picture is wrong in so many levels.
>>
Pls help /sci/

I don't want to be unemployed anymore.
>>
>>7922262
/sci/ is full of fucking social outcasts and autists. Probably the worst place in all of 4chan to ask.

Anyway, there is no magic behaviour that will land you a job. Don't be a fucking autist should be good advice, just act casual at first and adapt to your potential co-workers' behaviour. You should be able to tell what kind of people they are, act accordingly. If they are carefree and make jokes and stuff, do the same and act casual. If they have had their souls sucked and are completely serious, don't play it casual. It always depends.
>>
>>7922250
What if I told you that that pic is very related to my work experience?
>>
>>7922233
I try to avoid those. The less interaction I have with other people irl the better. Though I don't think you can opt out of this one if you want the job.
>>
>>7922233
I love those pictures because they are so ironic and obviously staged.

They want to push the 'WUHMUN UND MUNORETEASE' agenda but it is obvious that all those actors are liberal arts spergs.

Furthermore, it is incredibly ridiculous, like if a complete moron shot it. The 3 scientists are standing next to each other, as if they wanted to all look at something and analyze discuss it but then look at their individual poses. They are all 3 looking at a different fucking report.

How does that make sense? Hey, lets all get together and then do nothing at all and just mind our own business.

Fucking amateur camera people. Fuck me is it hilarious.

Furthermore, none of the pics actually push people into STEM. The women and the minorities who want to go into STEM are already in STEM or they are in some advanced placement courses in high school because they are most likely high IQ individuals.

Dress a man in a cactus suit, take a picture of him, and then claim you want to push men into becoming cacti.

10/10 SJW work. As bad as it gets, my friends.
>>
>>7922292
Are you an actor?
>>
>>7922233

if it is like picture related, you should go full /pol/.
>>
File: hightower-lab.jpg (17 KB, 300x190) Image search: [Google]
hightower-lab.jpg
17 KB, 300x190
>>7922297
Take a guess.
>Pic related
>>
>>7922301
Oooh I see, you are a happy nigger actor.

I suppose there are not many jobs for people like you
>>
>>7922301
The face of
>I went to college to study translesbian multicultural demimediterranian theatre history philosophy and now I make less than minimum wage by posing for low tier internet or magazine pictures.

Well, this one gets the message. Fucking study up.
>>
>>7922304
Have you finished masturbating to your polfantasies brainlet.
>>
Don't worry anon I got you.

>How do I strike the right note?

Be polite and humble to everyone, don't frown but do not feel obligated to smile at every introduction either. Keep your posture straight, don't slouch or be in the disposition of looking down a lot.

Walk up and say hi to co-workers under a 15 foot distance from yourself (waving to co-workers beyond 15 feet is optional), do not be afraid to shake hands.

When going into a brief conversation with co-workers besides talking about business ask them how their week/weekend went (if a holiday recently past ask them about that).

>Should I go casual or formal?

Ask the person you had an interview with or you POC (point of contact) through the employment process about the proper attire to wear.

For a meet and greet it's most likely a business causal affair i.e. khaki pants polo/dress shit.

>What would /sci/ want to see in a potential co-worker?

Someone who said's/waves hello and returns a hello back. Someone willing to strike up a quick conversation to break up the monotony. A decent/good worker in general.
>>
File: 1457635153565.jpg (20 KB, 300x190) Image search: [Google]
1457635153565.jpg
20 KB, 300x190
>>7922309
don't be mad at me if in the industry black people are usually depicted as criminals or angry cops.
you should have decided better which kind of stereotype to incarnate.

try being sad instead of happy, maybe you will get some other task instead of the usual lab photo
>>
>>7922310
Thanks bro. I love you.
>>
>>7922288
>sci is full of autist and outcasts
>except me of course
>>
>>7922327

No problem anon, good luck on the job.

The employment process can be tough, but you will get through it.
>>
>>7922308
>>7922313
What the? I don't care what other black people do. Why is everybody on here so obsessed with black people.

I'm also at uni right now. More than you can say.
>>
>>7922338
>what is self-criticism
>>
>>7922288
The chanz is full of "normies," and /sci/ is hardly an exception.
>>
>>7922347
i'm just the second one. i don't know about the first one but i'm uni too.

is the university of recitation hard?

btw don't make the same mistake as the other guy, don't go for the happy nigger stereotype.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.