[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need ideas for a presentation for my 1st year uni math class.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: daquan.jpg (36 KB, 461x534) Image search: [Google]
daquan.jpg
36 KB, 461x534
I need ideas for a presentation for my 1st year uni math class.
I'm supposed to present a math problem using at least 1 definition, a theorem and a proof.
I asked /sci/ in the past and I know you guys got some great ideas.
>>
>>7919334
Easy. Prove the limit of sinx/x as x approaches 0.

Definition: The definition of a limit
Theorem: Squeeze theorem
Proof: proof of sinx/x = 1 when x approaches 0

Simplest shit.
>>
File: thj3F.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
thj3F.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>7919334
Present an isosceles triangle and the limit of times it can fractal into itself via ratio of 180*x! until the one of the factorings lines up over lapping eachother that create the degrees of the given factoring in both spaces of the obtuse angle that is left, when two of the degrees are switched ofc

or something like that, it's practicallity would be measuring certain spaces or phases for conductivity or purpose retrofitting

>muh programmable matter atoms stuff
>>
>>7919351
Thanks, but we already covered that in calculus class. It should be something like perfect numbers or lucas numbers, some shit like that yo.
>>
Cauchy's integral theorem. Not hard to learn, and very surprising result if you've never seen it before.
>>
Definition: Modular congruence
Theorem: Fermat's Little Theorem
>>
Hilbert's hotel

Always good fun at parties to impress math plebs.
>>
All great ideas thanks guys
>>
>>7919334
Show that all conics are equivalent under a complex projective change of coordinates.
I.E. in complex projective geometry, all conics are the same.

This is demonstrated in Garrity's book at the very beginning and is easily understood by a first year undergrad.
>>
>>7919369
I've got one OP.
Prove Mr. Fractals is an obnoxious namefag who often rambles incoherently and probably has never even taken a uni math course in his life.
Proof: trivial and left to the reader. :^)
>>
>>7919334

Euler identity?

You can either do proof through taylor expansion or by differentiation
>>
>>7920000
it's a definition you retard not a proof
>>
>>7919334
Do something about Markov Chains
>>
Prove that sum (sin(x4^k)/2^k) from k=1 to infinity is not of bounded variation for any interval I, but is continuous.
>>
Prove that Quantum systems can only have 1/2 integer or integer orbital angular momentum using Legendre polynomials
>>
>>7920015

Eulers formula, whatever. The general case I mean.
>>
>>7920088
OP here only thing that matters is: "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK4exUaEy_g&t=2324s#"
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.