[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does the human brain have the same fundamental structure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 1457290891188.jpg (26 KB, 513x515) Image search: [Google]
1457290891188.jpg
26 KB, 513x515
Why does the human brain have the same fundamental structure as the cosmos and the entire universe? Is there a good scientific reason?
>>
>brain made of neurons and synapses
>universe made of filaments and voids

Not seeing it famiglia tbqh
>>
>>7919039
Huh?
>>
>>7919035
SUOMI meal :D

ebin
>>
>>7919035
>Why does the human brain have the same fundamental structure as the cosmos and the entire universe?
cotation needed. inb4 that god damn facebook-tier picture of a neuron next to a galaxy.
>>
>>7919044
Savages
>>
>>7919047
>>7919039
I'm talking about the fundamental structure, in being composed of the 17 particles composing the same three generations of matter and gauge bosons.

Is there a good scientific understanding for why this is?
>>
>>7919054
still not quite catching you here. you are confused why both the universes structures and our brains consist of the same particles? what exactly confuses you about it?
>>
File: 2345789.png (229 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
2345789.png
229 KB, 480x360
>>7919054
>material objects are made of matter
>>
>>7919072
But why those? Why isn't there other matter to make up our brain? Or anything else for that matter.

Specifically, why don't other elementary particles form that could interact to form new forms of matter? What are the boundaries at play that restrict wave expressions in fundamental fields to only developing into natural particles, rather than exotic particles?
>>
>>7919054
>>7919067
>>7919072
How can the universe be real if our brains aren't real?
>>
>>7919077
>Specifically, why don't other elementary particles form that could interact to form new forms of matter?

you mean like, you know, molecules?
>>
>>7919077
The brain is made of common matter because it's the most common matter.
>>
>>7919083
no, like gauge bosons and leptons

why those specific wave packets? what about all the wave functions that aren't stable enough to form particle characteristics? what's making those waves unstable?
>>
>>7919050
Their girls are qt tho

At least if you like european asians
>>
>>7919035
>Is there a good scientific reason?

Entropy.
>>
>>7919109
This is a significantly different question to what you originaly asked. Well, whatever.

Ripples in a particle field that are wave-like but not actually a solution to the wave equation are called pseudoparticles. These represent particles exchanged in interactions, they are what people are talking about when they say two electrons exchange a photon and are repelled.

They aren't stable long term though, your going to need some math to understand why.
>>
>>7919161
Yeah, I'm familiar with the wave equations and I understand the maths and why. I just don't understand how. What mechanism underlies the wave equations? What bounds waves to those principles of interaction?
>>
>>7919183
You could go a level deeper and look at quantum field theory. Instead of looking at evolutions of particles you look at the evolution of fields. Doing this we identify solutions to the wave equation as particles because they behave the same way that particles actually behave.

Btw when I say wave equation I mean the PDE, not wave functions.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wave_equation
>>
File: url.jpg (8 KB, 274x184) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
8 KB, 274x184
>>7919035
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.