[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw my dad has non-Hodgkins lymphoma >tfw the greatest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 920x920[1].jpg (70 KB, 920x633) Image search: [Google]
920x920[1].jpg
70 KB, 920x633
>tfw my dad has non-Hodgkins lymphoma
>tfw the greatest scientific breakthrough in cancer research in the last 5 years happened this year and it specifically targets non-Hodgkins lymphoma, meaning you only have to take a simple pill and the cancer never comes back, no chemo ever

>mfw my dad will live to 100
>mfw Gene Wilder will live to 100

THANK YOU SCIENCE
>>
>>7918910
Well, biology and chemistry are not hard sciences so

THANK YOU VOODOO MAGIC!

pretty much.

But that's actually very nice. Our witch doctors have been getting better and better.
>>
>>7918931
>Our witch doctors have been getting better and better.
How does it feel being a useless cuckold?
>>
>>>7918910
There's always a chance for treatment resistant forms.

But even the vanilla hodgkins treatment isn't that bad, it's one of the more convenient forms of cancer as it typically only grows as a cluster of enlarged lymph nodes, with the fatal cause being that it grows so huge that it compresses the airway(as opposed to other cancer that eats your internal organs alive)
>>
What is the name of the drug? What form of NHL does your father have? There are at least a couple of dozen different conditions that get lumped together under the label NHL.
>>
>>7918983
>But even the vanilla hodgkins treatment isn't that bad, it's one of the more convenient forms of cancer as it typically only grows as a cluster of enlarged lymph nodes, with the fatal cause being that it grows so huge that it compresses the airway(as opposed to other cancer that eats your internal organs alive)
why cant they just cut them out?

or cut an air hole in your throat?
>>
>>7919244
>What form of NHL does your father have?
Detroit Red Wings.
>>
>>7918910
>mfw my dad was saved from Non-Hodgkins lymphoma by an experimental bone marrow transplant pioneered by Stanford
Based
>>
>>7919245
Because this information is incorrect and the poster doesn't know what he is talking about..
>>
>>7919247
I admit it. I laughed.
>>
>>7919247
kek

>>7918973
kek at taking the bait from the famous mathfag
>>
>>7918983
isnt this guy right that lymphoma was already treatable anyway? Regardless, excellent achievement
>>
>>7919251
>>7918910

I'm happy for you anons. :->
>>
>>7919429
Most variations are treatable to some extent. Some are curable. Some are not. The variety that I have has a treatment that works very well for some people (like me) and not at all for others. However, there is no currently no cure for what I have. It always comes back. The next cycle of treatment may or may not work for me due to mutations in the already-fucked-up lymphocytes. If it does work, I could get another 5 years before I need treatment again. If it doesn't, I'll be dead in ~ 18 months. Unless, that is, someone discovers that magic pill...
>>
>>7920294
How old are you?
>>
>>7920294
Dang, hope you keep fighting anon
>>
>>7918910
Is that the good Hodgkins?
>>
>>7921998
Ya gotta get the good hogdkins.
>>
>>7918910
>Gene Wilder

A woooooooorld of pure imagination...
>>
>>7921601
51. I was diagnosed at 42.

>>7921846
The interesting thing about it is that, although this will be what kills me if something else doesn't get me first or a cure is found, it doesn't make me feel sick until it is almost time to treat it. Even then, all I really notice is a fatigue that won't go away. My immune system is shot, so I have to be especially careful about exposure to germs and contagions, As I progress through a cycle, my platelet level becomes dangerously low and I have to be more cautious about cuts and other injuries. Other than that I lead a normal life. Except for my addiction to 4chan that is...
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.