[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you had the option to be born 500 years from now instead of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: vactrain.jpg (41 KB, 525x360) Image search: [Google]
vactrain.jpg
41 KB, 525x360
If you had the option to be born 500 years from now instead of whatever year it was that your were born in, would you do it?

I think I would for a few different reasons concerning science, but primarily for vactrains.
>>
Yes, the Technological Singularity would have happened by then.
>>
>>7918479
>Technological Singularity would have happened by then.

get a load of this guy
>>
>>7918479
Only a sentimental idiot would say no. 500 years into the future? Every ailment that kills people today eliminated? Fuck yes. Take me right now and birth me.
>>
>>7918511
I think one issue in the future though will be the lack of any real need to do 'anything' at all ever. Because machines will be doing all growing of vegetables and harvesting etc.

People will become lazy to the point that all they will be doing is having sex in VR everyday. Your mind will basically turn to mush as a result.
>>
>>7918525
But do we value intelligence because it solves problems? What's the need for intelligence when you can exist in a completely Zen state. No worries, no school, no stress about jobs or retirement. Your whole life is whatever you want to do with it.
>>
>>7918534
Thinking is enjoyable but when you're not forced to do it, you don't. I don't know why, but this is just the way humans are.
>>
>>7918479
Yeah no, I'm okay. I don't have enough faith in humanity to gamble on things being better 500 years from now.
>>
>>7918479
>If you had the option to be born 500 years from now instead of whatever year it was that your were born in, would you do it?
>Implying humanity will still exist in 500 years
kek
>>
>>7918479
No thanks.
The future is going to be a commercialized dystopian nightmare.
>>
no because artificial intelligence will probably harvest me for my organs

Remember that one scene in the matrix?
>>
>>7918494
Of course if the singularity does occur, then we could get exponential progress until we get to the point of negligible gains. Something will have to give eventually.

This period of negligible gains would probably be boring. There would be no more computers getting better and better each year, no more ground breaking scientific discoveries, no more crazy new inventions coming out. There would be no more big changes.

500 years from now we might have vactrains, but they will have been around for years. It would be every bit as exciting as riding a bus today(automobiles have been around for like 100 years now).

In your lifespan, you might get to witness the first vactrain be built.
>>
>>7918586
what would an artificial intelligence do with your organs?
>>
>>7918601
He more means body. It was harnessing the voltage potential generated by the human nervous system.
>>
>>7918604
the matrix was a stupid movie.
>>
>>7918494
>implying the world won't be rebuilding itself from ruins after WW13
>>
>>7918479
>If you had the option to be born 500 years from now instead
Impossible.
Next thread.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.