[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The darkest material on Earth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: vantablack2.gif (2 MB, 1400x760) Image search: [Google]
vantablack2.gif
2 MB, 1400x760
http://www.engadget.com/2016/03/05/vantablack-2/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGjJLl2JYpE

Honestly, I just want an action figure or paperweight made of the stuff. Silhouette changes as you walk by, looks flat from any angle.
>>
>>7918394
That shit must get really hot in any lighting condition.
Does it also absorb IR/UV light too?
How does it fare with radar or microwaves?
>>
Imagine a president of this color; harder to snipe with a laser sight.
>>
>>7918669
Aim for the teeth
>>
am I the only one who would feel really relaxed by this? like if it covered an entire room
>>
>>7918695
You would probably go insane after a few minutes in a completely pitch black room, like how people go insane after minutes in a room with no sound reverberation
>>
Where 2 cop a t shirt coated in this stuff?
>>
>>7918698
No they don't. People have been deaf their entire lives without going insane.
>>
>>7918708
Perhaps you won't go insane because of the silence, but rather because of all your internal sounds you start to hear.
>>
>>7918470
>That shit must get really hot in any lighting condition.

It would barely get warmer than a regular black object.

>Does it also absorb IR/UV light too?
>How does it fare with radar or microwaves?

Just visible.
>>
File: monkey.jpg (139 KB, 634x875) Image search: [Google]
monkey.jpg
139 KB, 634x875
>>7918394
If it's so black then why does the colour picker show the colour code to be no different than standard black
>>
>>7918835
dumb gorillaposter
>>
>>7918824
Perhaps you are just crazy all along.
>>
>>7918876
But what is crazy?
>>
File: bane.jpg (78 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
bane.jpg
78 KB, 1500x1000
>>7918824
>>7918698

Only normies would go insane in a room alone and in darkness.

Us robots have no fear of the dark.We were born in it, molded by it. We didn't see the light until we were already men, by then it was nothing to us but blinding
>>
>>7918894
Ben?
>>
>>7918394
>Make vantablack carpet.
>Put a large pit in carpet, covered with vantablack sides
>>
>>7918698
>how people go insane after minutes in a room with no sound reverberation

Is just a meme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXVGIb3bzHI
>>
>>7918883
Perhaps.
What is you?
>>
>>7918708
Deaf =/= total sound absorption room. You are raised on sound your entire life and your mind grew into it as a sense. Deaf people don't even have this conception.

>>7918698
They have pitch blackness in real life and it's called caves. It's not the easiest thing to find but plenty of tours will drop the crowd into pitch black during a walk through for a few seconds. It is MAJORLY disorientating and a bit frightening. It's not an exaggeration to say you can feel the darkness all around you.
>>
>>7918894
Your argument is a contradictio in terminis.

Your room is lit by your computer screen 24/7 since you're a robot. Therefore you have known no true darkness, let alone that you were raised in it.

Now the darkness in the depth of your hart is another problem, thats because you're alone.

Back on topic. The problem isn't the darkness, but the absolute silence of the environment, which forces you to listen to your internal sounds.
>>
>>7918920
Depends on what is is.
>>
>>7918695
really? Just roll down the shutters, turn of any light source and put a cloth in front of doorslits. There you go
>>
>>7918394
Where can I get some of that shit? It'd be great to line my telescope with.
>>
>it even messes with depth perception
now I want to see an entire building covered with it and the people's reaction to it.
>>
>>7918952
Most deaf people went deaf, they didn't start out deaf.
>>
>>7918952
I believe that the sense of sight give your brain anticipatory signals of the world you view. In the sudden total blackness it would go off memory, and you might encounter random sensation's unprovoked.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.