[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What year did we discover what the sun actually was?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 158270main_solarflare.jpg (187 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
158270main_solarflare.jpg
187 KB, 800x800
What year did we discover what the sun actually was?
>>
>>7911341
2009 when they released the new song about miasma that wasn't as good.
>>
>>7911341
>implying mainstream science knows what the sun is
>>
File: abstract.gif (36 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
abstract.gif
36 KB, 720x720
What is the sun?
>>
>>7911449
Big ball of fire obviously.
>>
>>7911460
Goodness gracious.
>>
Does the sun have a solid part where the fusion takes place or is it just a bunch of atoms crashing into each other while remaining non solid?

Is the center of the sun dark?
>>
>>7911460
What would happen if a Sun made of fire and a Sun made of ice collided? Would they just cancel each other out?
>>
>>7911463
Well, fusion happens at the center. Thanks where the magic happens. The photons are released due to these actions and it takes them a million years to bubble up to the surface and, then another 8 minutes to reach us
>>
>>7911466
They'd turn into diamond, the hardest metal
>>
>>7911469
This would happen in space you know. You would have a big giant ball of Sun made out of diamonds floating in space
>>
>>7911341

The sun landing in 85' was a pretty big landmark
>>
>>7911341
>did we discover
What do you mean by "we", Peasant?
>>
>>7911484
>implying the sun landing was real
WAKE UP SHEEPLE
>>
>>7911515
Oh, and I'm guessing the Lien Strongarm wasn't the first man to step on the Sun
>>
>>7911516
Putin was first to step on the sun, capitalist scum
>>
>>7911542
But the Sun has not frozen over?
>>
Da, Comrade. Illustrious leader Putin is smart man. He knows sun very dangerous place, so he go up there at night.
>>
>>7911559
Russian ingenuity never ceases to amaze me. I bet Murricans would never have thought of that.
>>
>>7911467
the photons get absorbed and re-emitted on their path, that's why such a long path?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.