[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sci-Hub / Library Genesis general #?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
Links:
https://sci-hub.io/
http://libgen.io/
xD Reddit https://m.reddit.com/r/Scholar/comments/3bs1rm/meta_the_libgenscihub_thread_howtos_updates_and/

What do you do with these services?, How do use them?, How have they affected your work?, miscellaneous comments, etc.
>>
RIP lone wolf academia pirates Aaron Schwartz etc.
>>
Bump for SOCIAL JUSTICE !!!!!
>>
I love sci hub long live Marxism
>>
Bump-desu~
>>
File: 1450821078805.png (271 KB, 506x588) Image search: [Google]
1450821078805.png
271 KB, 506x588
Just pay, it's not that expensive mate.
>>
File: 480-the-publishing-process.png (253 KB, 677x918) Image search: [Google]
480-the-publishing-process.png
253 KB, 677x918
>>7910827
>>7910722
>>7910688
>establishment shilling this hard
>>
>>7910863
Great image... source??
>>
>>7910863
Marxism is good though.
>>
>>7910620
I found a few books on libgen I couldn't find anywhere else. It's a pretty great service, really.
>>
>>7910863
This pic is incredibly retarded, I can't even
>>
>>7912717
Why? Sounds more like YOU'RE retarded :O
>>
>>7912712
Examples? (for my own curiosity)
>>
>>7913086
Not him, but I've used Sci-Hub to download bunches of PDFs on esoteric math subjects and then I zip them into study packages. (Normal numbers, odd perfect numbers, etc.)
>>
>>7912712
This. It's especially useful for older books that have been out of print for a long time and can't be bought anywhere as well as for PhD dissertations that were published as books but only saw very limited distribution.

Trying to do research without access to libgen and scihub is like trying to win a fight with your hands tied behind your back.
>>
>>7910863
That's more or less the process
>>
>>7913107
If someone could develop bots that rebuild journals electronically from these PDFs that'd be amazing.
>>
>>7913124
Yeah, it's rare that any electronic journals allow you to download the entire volume in a single file. There are lots of interesting things I could imagine a bot program doing with these services.
>>
>>7913179
On this note, why is downloading books from Cambridge so cancer?
Even with institutional access you need to download each chapter at a time, and then they go ahead and add the time of download and ip address used to the bottom of every page... such a pain to go through all of it and delete them.
>>
No point in this thread, will do more harm than good.
>>
File: 1457146091406.jpg (157 KB, 1000x793) Image search: [Google]
1457146091406.jpg
157 KB, 1000x793
>>7910863
I wish I was a shill so that I could be paid for shitposting at you.
>>
>>7913190
Because they're literally amoral agencies who haven't experienced true love in their lives
>>
>>7913204
local shill *= 2;
>>
>>7913190
Same person. Do you know any reason that companies splice the journals so horribly electronically? It's almost absurd sometimes
>>
>>7914617
To hamper scientific progress.
>>
>>7910863
This leaves out the fact that most mathematicians are funded by tax money. So to reap the benefits of the research (which we paid for), we have to pay publishers to show us the results. This means that we're paying double.
>>
>>7914617
This. Literally fucking disgusting. Maybe they want click count or some shit.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.