[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
People still think the earth is flat.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 1457205945584.gif (287 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1457205945584.gif
287 KB, 200x200
Do you?
>>
I know how ball looks like and I'd know of I stood on curved surface, but the Earth looks completely flat to me
>>
The world actually is flat, though
>>
>>7911493
Explain
>>
If the world isnt flat, how come a basketball remains still when placed on the ground. Shouldnt they all roll south
>>
>>7911498
if the earth was a sphere, as Round Earthers claim, then all the water would fall off and everything in australia would fall of into the sky
>>
>>7911503
Ever heard about some magical force named "gravity" ?
>>
>>7911509
>"force"
It is not.
>>
>>7910573
Flat earthers says that Antartica is the edge of the world and no one knows what's beyond it, if you go there you get shot and some bullshit like that.

mfw any flat earther could easily prove earth is flat by:
> Going to south argentina
> Buy Antartica trip for dirty cheap
> Send a balloon or drone with a camera, or walk by yourself to the edge
> Take pictures of the edge
etc
>>
"People" don't believe the Earth is flat. It's a red herring to make certain group look insane.
>>
>>7911531
It's alot easier to prove the earth is not round m80.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h5i_iDyUTCg
>>
>>7910573
>People still think the earth is flat.
No, they don't, it's all just a troll.
Let's at least come up with a new one.
>>
File: wow.png (252 KB, 2990x786) Image search: [Google]
wow.png
252 KB, 2990x786
>>7911535
MIND = BLOWN
>>
>>7911535
I was kind of confused about some of the "proofs" until I realized the author didn't understand how gravity works.
>>
>>7911526
well neither is it magical, i was just saying it in a dumb way
>>
>>7911526
What's making objects fall then? Newton's second law, you need a force to keep it from going in a straight line.
>>
>>7911498
Universe is flat, therefore so is the earth
>>
>>7911509
That's exactly why the water would fall off.
>>
>>7911574
how does gravity work
>>
File: weight.jpg (41 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
weight.jpg
41 KB, 600x399
>>7911554
Weight is not an intensive property of matter, as 1) you weigh more on the way up (because of acceleration) and 2) you weigh less high above (air pressure). Also, if everything is heavier than air, what weight does hydrogen or helium have in that case?
>>
>>7914059
It's a field.
>>
>>7915230
no, it's curvature of space time
>>
Of course not.
>>
>>7911708
It's not F = g, it's F = mg.

inb4 some sperg corrects me for not giving the autistic version of the formula
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.