[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
psychopathy talk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot_2016-03-01-21-59-31.png (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-01-21-59-31.png
1 MB, 2560x1440
Ok. I was just thinking. What do you think would happen inside the mind of a psychopath if they became self aware of their psychopathy at a young age. The appropriate term for a child would be callous unemotional but you get my point. What if some how a teenager(let's say 14) becomes aware that they are different and figure out they are callous unemotional. What do you think they would do? Would they think of it as cool or beneficial and try to further their skills or would they become confused as to why they are that way and develope a longing for an emotional connection? What if they do long for an genuine emotional connection? Would they ever succeed?

Just a general food for thought conversation thread.
>>
>>7906333
gg life
>>
>>7906333
>le hey 4chan I'm like totally a psychopath xD meme
you tried
>>
Most psychopaths are aware of their condition, they just don't care and see it as an advantage. The smart ones learn how to hide it and act normal.

If they long for emotional connection then they were never psychopathic in the first place.
>>
>>7906333
>psychology
>assuming this isn't pseudo-science

Look at me I'm OP and I'm edgy sociopath psychopath XD
>>
When the fuck did i ever imply I was a psychopath? Your autism levels have to be fucking high to get that from my post.
>>
Anyways do you ever think that they intentionally seek out new forms of manipulation to hone their craft, or do they just rely on intuition?
>>
>>7906366
you did with your post

are you really too autistic to know that the way you say things/how you bring them up can imply things?
>>
>>7906333
>What if they do long for an genuine emotional connection?

thats literally the complete opposite of what defines a psychopath.
>>
>>7906372
I fail to see how the fuck you came to this conclusion. Elaborate cause I don't fucking see it
>>
>>7906373
I mean like what if something happend in early ages that messed with the development of their brain and for a short period they actually were functioning normally. Like wouldn't that make them want more, or would they still consider it a weakness and move on?
>>
>>7906380
>I mean like what if something happend in early ages that messed with the development of their brain and for a short period they actually were functioning normally.

that doesn't happen. psychopaths are psychopaths, they don't flip flop in and out. your question is equivalent to "what if 2+2 =5".
>>
>>7906386
when josef stalin asked that question anyone who failed to answer got a big ol' NYET
>>
>>7906386
How can you be so certain? Hell most of the studies with psychopaths get nowhere because the psychopath only shows what they want. We don't know what the hell kind of shit that goes on in their head. That's why I want to talk about what if shit like this does happen and we don't know about it. Cause think about it. They would probably see this as a weakness and since they are predators they are gonna keep their vulnerabilities to themselves.
>>
>>7906407
look m8, the key trait of a psychopath is the complete and utter inability to form emotional connections with other human beings. thats, like, definition.

a person could be a narcissist or borderline and display a bunch of misanthropic tendencies like psychopath but not be a psychopath.

you are literally trying to argue definitions here.
>>
>>7906418
That and due to the lack of emotional connections, psychopaths will speak of others like game pieces without realizing it. To a psychopath, everyone around them are just tools to achieve their own personal objects. Humans aren't conscious to a psychopath, just machines that do certain things when you give certain inputs.
>>
>>7906333
They wouldn't really care one way or another.
>>
>>7906373
Not necessarily. IIRC the Psychopath has the ability to form relationships that can and often time do last. The sociopath will not though. the psychopath often is of higher intelligence and companies like the fortune 500 ones will seek out psychopaths, but it's the total opposite for a sociopath. >>7906380
>>
>>7906476
> IIRC the Psychopath has the ability to form relationships that can and often time do last. The sociopath will not though.

nope, other way around m8. source: Abnormal Psychology by Kring, Johnson, Davison, and Neale
>>
>>7906438
>>7906418
>>7906407
>>7906386
>everyone around them are just tools to achieve their own personal objects. Humans aren't conscious to a psychopath, just machines that do certain things when you give certain inputs.

I've never met another human that doesn't use other humans for their personal gain. Are all humans psychopaths? Of course not. Psychology is a pseudo-science. All people are selfish, it's not a disorder unless it hurts you, which ironically, can in many cases include having a conscience and "being a good person", if your strategy doesn't have an end-game where you win. See for example, Sweden. Does not wanting to die make you insane? I would submit that it's impossible to be "too selfish", as long as selfish just means making sure your genes are passed on for an infinitely long period of time, the decisions you make in your life, your strategy ensures the longest lineage possible. To be clear, if you don't have children, and just stare at the mirror all day, that is a superficial, pathological selfishness, not true selfishness. This is instinctual, but in public, most people won't admit that they are selfish because it's an easy strategy to appear selfless because it temporarily decreases the chances of people seeing you as an aggressor, becoming threatened, and trying to hurt you preemptively.
>>
>>7906558
psychopathy is not the presence of selfishness, but the lack of selflessness.
>>
>>7906593

Psychopaths don't exist. What you're doing is called confirmation bias. You're taking a definition and then looking for examples that you think affirm that definition, rather making a claim and looking for examples that disprove that claim. It's very easy to disprove something like, "a psychopath lacks selflessness". I would just have to find a psychopath, and demonstrate them acting selflessly. Do you really want to bet that these people don't exist at all? None? Think about how broadly interpreted "selfless act" can be.
>>
>>7906333
when a psychopath becomes aware of their condition, they start looking for that one special someone they can nurture and love and then kill
>>
>>7906371
It's called being human, you kids. Everyone manipulates.
>>
>>7906343
>The smart ones learn how to hide it and act normal.
This.
You can emulate empathy and stuff. It's actually very beneficial when you are part of the society.
>>
>>7906333
I went through it.

I learned it's not beneficial. You know how many strange looks I got after stomping a squirrel out? Then, the people around me trying to lecture me about it... It's like, dude, it was only a squirrel, and, I only stomped it's head in (it took a couple stomps).

Now, I don't hurt anyone, unless they really piss me off (like retards who think overly of themselves). I fantasize about killing people all the time though, and sometimes, over the dumbest fucking shit. Mostly, it's close range murder, with my body, or a knife (never a gun, that's not personal enough).

It's as >>7906343 says, you learn to hide it, but, I don't think you really have to be smart, just, not retarded.
>>
>>7906714
I fantasize about killing people and it feels really good, but only if I imagine they are annoying.
Does that make a psychopath?
>>
>>7906714
>>7906851
I remember feeling like that when I was 12. Fun times.
>>
>>7906897
I actually don't remember having these kind of thoughts when I was child. It actually started when I became adult and realized how much of a dicks most of people are.
>>
>>7906851
Fantasizing doesn't, actually doing wouldn't either.

People who are psychopaths, have the tendency from birth. Usually some trigger is needed, like trauma or abuse. Some drugs are suspected to have ability to trigger this. Like said before, psychopaths lack empathy, they are not necessarily evil. But they get bored which makes them to play games (especially pursue power) and that leads easily to suffering of other people. Murdering and crimes are usually to make things more interesting, but action itself is not more meaningful than superiority it presents. Ability to do crimes and survive regardless, are just ways to establish excellence over others.
>>
>>7906333
Thats sort of what happened to me. I realized I was different and all kinds of fucked up in the head.
My last year of middle school I brought a knife to school with the intent to stab one of my bullies, but realized at the last moment that I didn't want to go to prison and it wasn't worth it.

That got me thinking about how messed up I was, and how much I wanted to be "normal". I spent the next few years in therapy and participating in charities hoping to develop some sort of empathy.

The sad thing is that while I think I care about people close to me now, I am not sure if it is real or just something I brainwashed into myself.
>>
>>7906714
>>7906851
>>7906897
>>7906922
>>7906927

those thoughts stopped for me when leaving school because I noticed that all people are just hiding their insecurities but everyone has them. I was honest with my insecurities and they gave me shit for it and acted all perfected but most of them are shallow minds now only up to perfect their vacation albums on facebook

but instead of calling them out on it you comfort them with their insecurity and most of them are gonna like you, thats the trick. Some people will never know how much I despise them but thats OK, it wouldn't benefit neither me nor the despised person.

todays schools are the places this thoughts are born imho I wonder if it was always like that
>>
>>7906714
Kill yourself. No, really. Actually do it, you're worthless to everyone.
>>
>>7906343
Basically this. A psychopath's brain just isn't wired normally. This is the core of psychopathy.

Also stop watching Big Think videos if you want to know about psychopathy.
>>
>>7906666
Heh. Everyone has some psychopath tendencies or they would be reduced to an emotional blubbering mess in the corner.

I read a few books on them because had a long term relationship with one. Took about 20 years to figure out what the problem was. They mimic emotions, they probably suffered some trauma as infants. They size up other people quickly and have a strange attraction because of their condition. You can only identify them in hindsight after repeated psychopathic patterns. Some people think they can become aware of their condition but that wouldn't change anything. All their relations seem to be about psychopathic control, if they can't get that out of a relationship they move on. Pretty sure someone with a high IQ and high levels of psychopathy are dangerous to everyone they are in relationships with, some surely rise to powerful positions in society, politicians, priests, doctors, lawyers and wreak havoc throughout society.
>>
>>7906951
Reading American Psycho does not an authority on psychopathy make.
>>
>>7906958
I am no authority and don't even want to be. I certainly have psychopath radar on now though. I think the prefrontal cortex evolved for village life, to keep track of 50 to 100 people in your village or whatever. In this world with so many people, psychopathy could be another natural evolutionary turn just turning that shit right off. A conscience in a world like this is almost a handicap.
>>
>>7906936
>Some people will never know how much I despise them but thats OK, it wouldn't benefit neither me nor the despised person.

Me too. I hate the living hell out of my rm8, still talk to him though. His gf, and our other rm8, mock him a lot when he's not around. His gf is pretty stupid too, but, she's not an annoying bitch though.

This guy, annoys the fuck out of most people he meets. His voice is really fucking annoying too. He's been on SSI since he was 17, never worked a job in his life, he gets a crazy check.

He's an "atheist", talks shit about religion (no problem there), but, he tries to talk about it literally every time I see him. Then, he "pulls his power from deities" in games he plays...

He'll believe basically anything online, even if there's no source, research, studies, etc... He thinks he's going to retire in 2-5 years, because he went to business seminars for 150$ each, and is now hosting a website, that has literally no traffic, for 115$ a month. He's spent over 1250$ for the seminars/hosting, and hasn't made a single dime in profit, he's in the hole by at least 1200$.

Then, he believes we'll be able to become cyborgs in the next couple years (He thinks 5)... Which, hey, cool, whatever (I don't think it's gonna happen), but, even if we can, he couldn't afford it if his live depends on it.

He thinks it would take 6-7 dudes, to have a CHANCE at winning a fight with him. He's 200lbs, of pure fucking fat. He couldn't curl a 30lb bar ONCE, with BOTH arms. He can't do a single pull-up either... But, for whatever reason, the dumb fuck thinks he's going to win every fight he's in... Like what, do you have some fucking magic up your sleeve?
>>
Psychos are funny people
>>
>>7906333
Get this fucking pseudo-science crap out of here.
>>
>>7906333
They'd probably smoke cigs and fuck sluts
>>
>>7907936
or sit at home all day and jack off
>>
Speaking from experience, it can go two ways depending on the person.
You can either be self aware and do something about it/use it to your advantage.
Or
You can be self aware, and do nothing with it, just get lost in thought of what you would/could do and never actually do it.

Most psychos tend to follow the latter path and kill themselves seeking their own salvation.

The ones you hear about are the violent exceptions and use their "ability's" to get what they want, most do go unnoticed.
Make no mistake, everyone sane enough to walk amongst the public knows the difference between what is considered morally right and wrong.
Some just snap and lose the ability to care, mostly seeking their own deaths.
>>
A key feature that is often overlooked in discussions of psychopathy is lack of insight. It is impossible for a psychopath to truly understand what's wrong with them, or even that there is something wrong with them. People think of psychopaths Machiavellian supervillains who've used their morally-unfettered intelligence and versatile manipulation skills to take over the world, but psychopathy, as the name implies, is just a mentally illness. Studies that "estimate" that most CEOs are psychopaths are never qualitative and generally rely on superficial assumptions and data to make their case. Psychopathy is characterized by impulsiveness and extreme susceptibility to boredom, which would make it nearly impossible to deal with the tedium involved in climbing the corporate ladder or building a successful business.
>>
>>7907936
>>7908796
More likely, shoot heroin and mooch off their parents their entire lives.
>>
>>7906932
Don't worry.
>but realized at the last moment that I didn't want to go to prison and it wasn't worth it
That's not how a psychopath thinks.
>>
>>7908889
Lol
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.