[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Logic vs Emotion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9
File: 1422193221954.png (402 KB, 474x653) Image search: [Google]
1422193221954.png
402 KB, 474x653
Let's just assume one has acquired the fundamentals of logic at around age 12(ish)

Aside from mathematics, does logic exist aside from emotion? For example, don't we exist for emotion? Haven't we evolved through emotion rather than from emotion? I've heard it said that da Vinci had no emotion, but can you really make art without it?

What do you think, /sci/?
>>
Nice meme.
>>
>>7900370
Nice contribution, chucklefuck.
>>
>>7900367
>inb4 smoke cigs and fuck sluts
>>
>>7900367
if you're 12 you shouldn't be posting here
>>
>>7900367
this is a philosophical question,if you cant express it in math don't post it.
>>
>>7900494
this is not a philosophical question either, it's a shit question
>>
>>7900487
>He doesn't know about the godking

Does anybody have that image cap of the original thread? Shit was gold.
>>
>>7900523
idk, i want to check his facebook again, what was it? Shane "Godking" something?
>>
>>7900531
I just googled "godking shane litterini" and found it. It's all private though. All I got was that pic.
>>
>>7900383
nice meme
>>
>>7900555
Thanks
>>
>>7900367
The roots and foundations of reason are emotional. Understanding axioms is encoded in emotional form. Irreducible logical truths are emotions.
>>
>>7900609
So logic is derived from emotions?
>>
>>7900609

False.
>>
File: 1421303026750.jpg (2 MB, 2704x3226) Image search: [Google]
1421303026750.jpg
2 MB, 2704x3226
>>7900523
I got you, bruh.
>>
>>7900798
Thanks, bruv
>>
>>7900700
Logic is a tool, emotions are the engine.
>>
Dumb postulation is dumb. Go read a book OP.
>>
>>7901032
>Reading a book will make you smarter

So I can listen to someone claim they know shit in a longer, more formal rant?
>>
File: Untitled.png (548 KB, 503x635) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
548 KB, 503x635
>>7900531
This has to be a joke, right? I mean it's still being updated, and he has like 400 friends, but it HAS to be a dedicated troll, right? No one actually posts this on their facebook right?
>>
>>7901096
There was that anon who linked us his facebook in the first place and claimed to go to his high school so I think he's legit.

And holy shit. So he's redpilled now?
>>
File: Untitled.png (38 KB, 517x389) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
38 KB, 517x389
>>7901096
I mean guys please...
>>
>>7901102
GOD BLESS HIM
>>
>>7900367
I think, that thoughts themselves are complexes of feelings and emotions. These complexes form or come together (are learned) mostly in early part of life, when everything is new. So, for example, you form a simple thought of "shit is not something mother wants to see" when getting repulsive emotional signals from mother ghanging your diapers.

So I don't thing cognition and emotion can really be separated, they being the simple emotion and the complex thought, complex of selected emotions.

(The example is not very good, but so isn't my creativity this time of day.)
>>
remember that da vinci had no emotions
>>
>>7901102
>>7901096
moar.
>>
File: kek.png (14 KB, 523x210) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
14 KB, 523x210
Well, /sci/?

Your King has asked you a question.
>>
>>7901281
I walk away, because someone who talks like that outside of 4chan is bound to be an gigantic faggot.
>>
>>7901297
Rude.
>>
Emotion is not binary. Every thought evokes some degree of emotion but not so intense as when in love or hating someone.
>>
Also, not showing emotion does not equal not feeling emotions.

The more you transcend the mass consciousness the more you stop feeling the feels of everyday ppl.
The more experiences you have the less you are moved by daily oscillations.
The more you think for yourself and find out the truths in life, by observing yourself and others, the more stable you become.

Da Vinci felt. Id say, but what he felt was transcending the feels of the peasants around him.

Imagine being trapped in those times, being 200 yrs ahead of everyone. You would feel bland about 1800 too.
>>
I know this is just a nice pasta, but:

To actually act logically, what is logically the right choice has to be derived from the probability of a desired outcome for given paths to every possible outcome. What is a desired outcome? Something you want. Without emotions (at all), there would be no way to know what you want, because there would be no way to construct a preference hierarchy for possible outcomes. No way to structure situations in you mind regarding required actions.
>>
>>7901398
>Responding to delusional ramblings with equally delusional ramblings

da Vinci enjoyed patronage and fucked men. He certainly wasn't detached from everyone else. He didn't exist on his own personal plane. It was the fucking Renaissance, faggot. People were paying to encourage people like da Vinci to do cool shit.
>>
>>7900367
so tired of seeing this faggots face
>>
>>7900367
I make art and I'm sociopathic. I just know what manipulates people.

Logic is just following rules that you make up.
>>
>>7902124
>no reverence to the godking of /sci/

Fuck off.
>>
>>7901297
It's from fallout 4 bruv

>>7902102
This. The renaissance was basically a bunch of the kinda dudebros you'd pay to do coke with you because you got money to burn and won't get caught. It's all about networking - being chill and manipulative enough for those in power to blow their cash on you. The "ascetic loner genius" types stayed on their fucking farms n shit
>tfw galileo had a personal vendetta successfully persecuted against him only because because he wasn't a chad
>>
>>7901281
>This is your brain on popsci
>>
>>7900367

electrons that fire through your neurons are physical therefore both logic and emotions are real, doesn't mean they don't suck though.
>>
>>7902594
So he plays vidya, therefore he's a faggot. And it also sounds popsci as hell, therefore, even if it wasn't a reference to some human-pivoted camera in a 3d rendering program, it's still cancer.
>>
File: autismlvls.jpg (60 KB, 514x536) Image search: [Google]
autismlvls.jpg
60 KB, 514x536
>>7900367
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>7903507
You sound like you're fun around people.
>>
File: 1455678726108.jpg (81 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1455678726108.jpg
81 KB, 720x720
>>7903692
Thanks, anon-kun~!
>>
>>7900367
Logic doesn't need emotions. Look psychopaths (they have no feelings) for example, they are logical in their own way and usually considered as above average intelligent. Art mostly appeals to emotions, purpose of art is to have some kind of response in observer, ingenuity is the limit though.

Emotions are important for quality of life. You base your overall happiness on feelings. What we can know from psychopaths too, is that, they usually feel bored. They can't feel good or happy and thus life feels dull. They compensate this boredom with games which usually leads to normal people suffering.

Emotions steer our behavior on many people even today, but more so in ancient history. Intelligent people have learned to separate their emotions from logical thinking on decision making process. That is not said, that one shouldn't enjoy feelings when is able to.

I really really doubt, what you said about da Vinci, more often then seldom, people who archive something are generally fully functioning people and if you look da Vinci's art you see expressions of emotions. One could argue that psychopaths and such, are good to imitate feelings. However, that has a lot of limitations and it usually shows somehow, at least in deep inspection.
>>
Emotions are logical too. After all, they are just deterministic biochemical responses.
>>
>>7901256
This guy is just too funny.
>Miami University
it makes sense
>>
File: smoke cigs fuck sluts.jpg (49 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
smoke cigs fuck sluts.jpg
49 KB, 720x960
Forgot pic
>smoke cigs and fuck sluts
>>
>>7905659
We need a shrine to worship our GodKing, it's only fair.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.