[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm a pretty dumb guy. I have trouble learning anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6
File: image.png (17 KB, 418x359) Image search: [Google]
image.png
17 KB, 418x359
So I'm a pretty dumb guy. I have trouble learning anything deep like math, programming, physics, chemistry, etc. I get confused really easily. Anyways since I have nothing to lose I was thinking about slamming and hitting my head (the side of the brain that deals with logic, forget which side it is) either against a wall or just using a hammer. Not enough to kill me but just to maybe shake things up a bit and see if a miracle happens. Maybe I will turn into some border line genius, maybe not. That's not really my goal. I just want to be smarter. I read an article about a guy who fell on his head and became really good at mathematics and design patterns after his accident. What do you guys think?
>>
>>7884961
>mathematics and design patterns
>design patterns
wut

anyway OP, let us know how it goes when you're done (if you still can).
>>
>>7884961
Good luck, lad. Try not to kill yourself. Although, if you decide to follow through with this decision, please live stream it for us to watch. Maybe even keep a journal and dump it several months. Good luck, try not to die, and if you follow through, please try to show as much as possible to us.
>>
>>7884961
>I'm a pretty dumb guy.
>Anyways, I was thinking about slamming my head or hitting it with a hammer.

Amazing.
>>
>>7884961
Happiness doesn't depend from intelligence.
>>
>>7884961
>mathematics and design patterns
kek, hit yourself as hard as you can imo
>>
>>7885026

I can't live forever being a NEET. I'll eventually end up homeless.
>>
Obv troll
8/10
>>
>>7885052
I'm really not so sure.
>>
>>7885051

Theoretically it is possible. It is a one in a billion shot though. Most likely you hurt yourself really badly and in worst case scenario, you get yourself in vegetative state.
>>
>>7884961
Sounds good. Good luck OP.
>>
>>7884961
Neuroscientist already tried to do what you intend in a lab and it is possible, but you'd have to be on machines and meds all the time.

Your best bet is to learn about anatomy and hit precisely or take certain drugs contionously.
>>
>>7885078

google: inducing savant abilities

There might be alternative methods too, like: http://www.worldscientific.com/doi/abs/10.1142/S0219635203000287
>>
>>7885083

Interesting. OP could be on to something here. If we can stimulate the left frontal lobe enough and in a safe way, we could be one step closer to curing the autismos.
>>
>>7885118

IM ONE STEP CLOSER TO THE EDGE AND IM ABOUT TO SPERG
>>
>>7885011
This. Good maths are ALL about showing your work. Livestream.
>>
File: IMG_2943.jpg (95 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2943.jpg
95 KB, 640x480
OP here, just took a hammer and did some pounding on the left side of my head in the temple area. Started off super lightly then went harder and harder. Probably did 20 reps of 3 sets. I feel really good, honestly. No headache. I think I found a "sweet spot" and just kept hammering away. I almost feel drunk. But so far no pain or discomfort. I'll keep everyone updated.
>>
>>7885188

first post says (op) not (you)

kys
>>
>>7885199

I posted the thread from my phone. I'm home now.
>>
>>7885083

>n=11
>8 placebos

i swear 95% of scientists are hacks
>>
>>7885188
>20 reps, 6 sets.
Now this is a science board.

Are you comfortable with open wires?
They should be used on your temple while you break up those little misperceptions with the hammer.
>>
File: image.png (78 KB, 1306x354) Image search: [Google]
image.png
78 KB, 1306x354
>>7885147
>>
>>7884961
You're more likely to concuss yourself than to become a scientific ubermensch, OP. Just start small and learn the ropes for "deep" things.
>>
>>7885314
saved.
>>
>>7884961
Maybe try reading.
>>
>>7885188
wtf man stop.
>>
This is one of the most badass ways of committing suicide. Imagine what would people who find you think: "wow, this guy must have really hated his life"
>>
>>7884961
This is just stupid enough to work
>>
As sad as it OP, I've had similar thoughts of doing such things to make myself smarter. I'll admit I've banged my head on things fairly hard and hit myself with my fists but I've never had the cajonas to use a hammer.
>>
So this is what new generations do when they want to get smarter. Explains a lot.
>>
File: bo43fd.jpg (185 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
bo43fd.jpg
185 KB, 1000x1000
>>7884961
>>7885188

jesus my sides

this is why I use 4chan
>>
Terrible idea

Just do something other than science
>>
OP here.

Head still feels fine. Going over some programming tutorials and I haven't really noticed anything different. Some stuff I get, some stuff my mind can not comprehend. What the fuck?
>>
File: 1430630940944.jpg (408 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1430630940944.jpg
408 KB, 1920x1080
moar OP
>>
>>7885188
NICE DUBS
>>
This thread is simultaneously hilarious and very sad.
>>
>>7886104
i like loli
>>
>>7885188
holy fucking shit i literally laughed out loud. keep us posted.
>>
File: Big booty brazillian goddess.png (159 KB, 1285x883) Image search: [Google]
Big booty brazillian goddess.png
159 KB, 1285x883
>>7885970
You have to start from the absolute root of things, OP. Programming is a skill that must be taught COMPLETELY. Read the book CODE by Charles Petzoid. It does an amazing job starting from the root of computer circuit layout, binary, etc.
>>
is this thread going to slowly turn into some flowers for algernon shit
>>
>>7885051
the wise man, the employed still dieth as the fool

don't be vain, you're putting yourself to a standard higher than you can achieve. Aim a bit lower mate, don't make yourself a sped
>>
>>7886076
pls no
>>
>>7886481
>The hidden language of x and y
>sounds like Dan Brown book
>>>/trash/
>>
>>7885970
Maybe you hit the wrong side?
>>
>>7886481

OP here. Thanks I'll check that out.

My head is definitely sore this morning and I will continue to try and learn some more stuff today. We'll see how it goes. I wish there was some type of device we can invent to attach to our head to stimulate brain activity. How awesome would that be? Or some type of pre work out we can take but for the brain.
>>
>>7885188
stop it anonymous,youre scaring me.
>>
>>7885155
I NEED A LITTLE ROOM TO REEEEE
>>
Do it for science
>>
>>7886509
That would be so great.
>>
>>7884961

Lol. 8/10. Made me chuckle out loud.
>>
>>7887374
FFS you faggot, stop fucking around with shit you don't understand, go fucking study, dumb fuck shit face lunatic retard.
>>
bump for updates
>>
Keep it up op. Keep a journal, track how you feel over time and at the conclusion and if all else fails write a book. Ill fucking find that book and buy it if you do that. I believe in you.
>>
>>7885013
under r9ed comment
>>
>>7884961
>thinks the brain is actually divided by logic and creativity

I say go for it, senpai. You've clearly got nothing to lose.
>>
>>7889037
Lateralization is real; e.g. language processing is done in the left hemisphere. It is not unreasonable to then believe that logic is primarily processed by the left hemisphere.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lateralization_of_brain_function#Lateralization_of_language_processes
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.