[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there such a thing as devolution, and is the human species
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 12
File: sweden y- yes... .jpg (2 MB, 3758x2073) Image search: [Google]
sweden y- yes... .jpg
2 MB, 3758x2073
Is there such a thing as devolution, and is the human species currently undergoing it?
>>
File: the new furfags.png (78 KB, 1306x354) Image search: [Google]
the new furfags.png
78 KB, 1306x354
Is there such a thing as /pol/ fucking off back to their containment board?
>>
File: 1455138764371.jpg (15 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1455138764371.jpg
15 KB, 413x395
>>7882762
>asking a question with support from screenshots of a region that's intentionally crippling itself
>G-GO BACK TO /POL/ YOU SHITLORDS
Every time.
>>
I have a two legit questions.

Does /pol/ actually believe we can't tell they are from /pol/ when they make their topics?

Secondly, are these topics just troll attempts, or does /pol/ actually expect /sci/ to give legit answers to the pseudoscientific /pol/ topics?
>>
>>7882752
No, there is no devolution. When a minor cosmic event sends us back to the caves, that is evolution too. Remember that evolution is a narrative, not a causal agent.
>>
>>7882794
More like
>using retarded memes like "devolution"

Okay, it isn't that much worse than the average /sci/ bait thread, but still.
>>
>>7882752
No. Firstly there's no such thing as 'devolution' because that implies evolution has a direction, and secondly evolution happens on the time scales of millions of years whereas only 10,000 years have passed since what is widely considered the dawn of civilization which is nowhere near long enough for evolution, let alone the incredibly small time frame you're concerned with. Furthermore, the time frame necessary for substantial human evolution is more than long enough for humanity to have mastered genetic manipulation to such an extent that our entire genome will be at our whim anyway.

Now fuck off back to /pol/ you knowledgeless, inflammatory cunt.
>>
>>7882794
>using the term "shitlord" as if the people who tell you to fuck off are automatically SJWS
now we know you're from /pol/
>>
>>7882752
>Is there such a thing as devolution

No, since that implies a direction. Unless you mean in a cultural sense, in which case yes there is such a thing as devolution. But then you run into problems of defining a certain culture as the pinnacle of civilization as well as contrasting ideas of what a perfect culture should look like.
>>
>>7882801
Sweden didn't undergo a "cosmic event". They willingly fucked themselves and the chances for their genes to survive. They're actively selecting against themselves.
>>
File: Evolution-small1[1].jpg (22 KB, 374x267) Image search: [Google]
Evolution-small1[1].jpg
22 KB, 374x267
>>7882752

Ignore the redditards who do nothing but gb2pol shitpost on /sci/

Yes there is, as long as you define "devolution" as a linear process of evolution in which the factors of who gets to reproduce reward the less intelligent ones with every new generation. If a population purposefully decides to breed people with genetical defects, obesity, less intelligence and anything that favors a weaker offspring will lead to a relatively more disfunctional and inefficient generation.
>>
>>7882829
>as long as you define "devolution" as a linear process

So basically so long as you define evolution in such a way so that it has no resemblance to the concept of evolution.
>>
>>7882794
>support from screenshots
/pol/tard
>>
>>7882752
Google Wolkmar Weiss.
>>
>>7882794
>>7882836
/pol/ is always so proud to have "evidence" but it's always bullshit like the OP image instead of actual sources
>>
>>7882794
>muh infographs are evidence
>>>/pol/
>>
>>7882821
This is still evolution senpai, it just means that the sandniggers are a superior race :^)
>>
Why does SJW think /sci/ wants to hear them bitching and crying about /pol/ all the time even when the context of the thread ahs nothing to do with it.

You got a whole website for your tears retards. Continue shitposting there
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>7882846
Why do you post the same shit over and over again?

Your shitposting style is easily identifable

>SJW
>Tears
>Back to lebbit
>Cesspool
>Stop complaining about /pol/
>Muh free speech
>Muh on-topic thread
>>
>>7882853
You are triggered over someone asking a question about devolution. We never had retards like you on /sci/ before the SJW epidemic started to infect the entire internet. But its too bad nobody gives a shit about your feelings here on 4chan and evolution will be discussed on /sci/ no matter how hard you cry.

>>7882752
Don't breed with anyone that seems weak OP. You won't want to lead to a worse generation.
>>
>>7882846
While I kind of agree with your general thrust, to say that /pol/ has nothing to do with this tread is naive at best.
>le swedon yes maymay
>le swedon yes image from /pol/

Certainly it might not be, but if walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...
>>
>>7882861
>We never had retards like you on /sci/ before the SJW epidemic started to infect the entire internet
We didn't have retarded stormniggers shitposting everyday like you, either.
>>
>>7882861
>evolution will be discussed on /sci/ no matter how hard you cry
This thread is literally pop-sci level of understanding evolution. Get out already.
>>
>>7882867
> breed with an intelligent non-obese healthy person to create a better offspring
> LOL POLTARD DETECTED STORMNIGGER STORMNIGGER LELELELELELE XDDDD
weak troll 2/10 :(
>>
>>7882846
>>7882861
Haha, devolution is obviously just a very thinly veiled codeword for "degeneracy." You're not fooling anyone /pol/.
>>
>>7882875
Just go away, nobody wants you here.

>/pol/ complains about unwanted immigration
>yet they migrate to every other board on 4chan and shit up the place
>>
>>7882870
This is a discussion board but feel free to leave if you're not interested in discussing anything.
>>
>>7882861
4chan was liberal as fuck before the last few years. /new/ was a thing but it was largely satire while /pol/ is largely serious.
>>
>>7882879
> omg ur pol lelelelele
cry louder redditard :)
> nobody wants you here
butthurt redditard claiming to be /sci/ lol. if you didn't want to see posts that hurt your feelings, you shouldn't have left reddit :( And I know you support illegal immigration so I don't know why you shitpost
>>
>>7882890
It doesn't hurt my feelings, you're just retarded and wrong. I like how you conveniently ignored my earlier post about screenshots not being a real source, though.
>>
>>7882886
>while /pol/ is largely serious.

Nah, most of /pol/ doesn't take it seriously. Although the proportion of people that do take it has grown over the years, right now I'd estimate it at about 20/80 True Believer/satire.
>>
File: holy keks.jpg (17 KB, 208x265) Image search: [Google]
holy keks.jpg
17 KB, 208x265
>>7882886
>redditors really believe this
JEJ

Feel the bern, right newboys :^)
>>
>>7882892
I like how you think everyone who's telling you to get back to REEEEEddit is OP. But please breed with a weaker unemployed obese feminist while begging other people to do the same. Because you deserve it.
>>
File: dnJBOxM.jpg (61 KB, 685x474) Image search: [Google]
dnJBOxM.jpg
61 KB, 685x474
>>7882899
Hi OP!
>>
>>7882752
Whats going on in Sweden ?
>>
File: pol evidence 3.png (194 KB, 472x417) Image search: [Google]
pol evidence 3.png
194 KB, 472x417
>>7882896
I don't know what else to say besides that you obviously have not browsed here for more than a couple years

>>7882899
>I swear I'm not from /pol/!
>spews more /pol/ rhetoric
kek
>>
>>7882899
Funny enough even the obese feminists know that a beta nu-male ass like >>7882892 is weaksauce. They'd much rather seek out a dominant bull, whether or not it's a nigger and the children will be of decreased intellect. Because even that has a better chance of survival and giving progeny itself.
>>
>>7882899
I like how you think everyone who's telling you're a retard is SJW.
>>
>>7882910
>criticising feminists and SJW's is /pol/ rhetoric
Spoken like a tried and true reddit cuckold.

>inb4 b-b-but i'm not sjw i just hate those problematic sexist piss babies!!!!!! xD!!!!!!!!
>>
>>7882911
>>7882899
>>7882861
>>7882846
>>7882829
>>7882861
>>7882875
>>7882881
>>7882890
>>7882896
samefag
your posting is pretty cringeworthy m8
>>
>>7882910
I occasionally browse /pol/ as you're a permanent resident of /redditard/, wandering around 4chan. But it's just funny that you actually believe you have some power to call posts /pol/ and cencor discussions or something. Are you aware that you're a permanent laughing stock and nobody takes you seriously ?
>>
>>7882922
>criticising feminists and SJWs is /sci/
>>
"Devolution" would suggest that evolution has a defined direction that it is moving along, and that something could move in the opposite direction.
Evolution simply means change over time (usually today it's meant to refer to change in genetic populations over time.) So there's no such thing as devolution, just evolution. When a population changes its arms into wings, that's evolution. When the wings change back into arms that's also evolution. Saying that one is better than the other is putting anthropocentric moral judgements on an amoral system.

But anyway, you're just here to be vaguely racist. So have fun!
>>
File: wew.png (68 KB, 1914x773) Image search: [Google]
wew.png
68 KB, 1914x773
>>7882926
:^)
>>
>>7882930
>Are you aware that you're a permanent laughing stock and nobody takes you seriously ?
...says the guy who tried to make a /pol/ thread on /sci/ and gets nothing but laughed at.

Also, MUH CENSORSHIP!
>>
File: inspect element.gif (283 KB, 652x349) Image search: [Google]
inspect element.gif
283 KB, 652x349
>>7882937
>>7882937
Doesn't mean anything really

>>7882911
>>7882899
>>7882861
>>7882846
>>7882829
>>7882861
>>7882875
>>7882881
>>7882890
>>7882896
>>7882930
>>7882922
>>7882937
samefag
>>
>>7882941
> people laugh at you for not wanting to breed with jamal
> h-haha racist you
cute :^)
>>
> buttmad SJWtards flood the thread because people don't wanna breed with immigrants.
[laughing track]
>>
File: The good times are over.jpg (42 KB, 550x400) Image search: [Google]
The good times are over.jpg
42 KB, 550x400
>>7882829

>Yes there is, as long as you define "devolution" as a linear process of evolution in which the factors of who gets to reproduce reward the less intelligent ones with every new generation.

So what you're saying is every animal that isn't human are subjects to devolution instead of evolution right? Because 99.5% of all species on earth don't actively select for more "intelligence".

>If a population purposefully decides to breed people with genetical defects, obesity, less intelligence and anything that favors a weaker offspring will lead to a relatively more disfunctional and inefficient generation.

Initially it will yes, but said disfunction and inefficiency will be fix eventually as future generations in said population select for traits that support those "defects" in a manner that allows some net benefit.

A good example of this is the situation involving Sickle Cell Anemia where "carriers" with one affected and non-affected allele has a greater chance of survival in malaria stricken regions than the "healthy" individual who has no SCA alleles (even those who carry both SCA alleles have better survival rates but will more than likely succumb to SCA itself because of the irregular nature of the disorder).

So genetic defect =/= bad or weak offspring all the time.
>>
>>7882964
> sickle cell carriers
Do you know how fucking horrible that disease is ? It's literally a timebomb that can strike you and cause artery clotting anytime it wants. Being a carrier is fine but spreading it is not. Thats a horrible example you gave right there.
>>
>>7882829
Evolution has nothing to do with more intelligence or physical fitness. It's about natural selection forcing the species to adapt to the environment. If you bring artificial selective breeding into the picture, it's no longer evolution, really.
>>
>>7882956
>asspained /pol/tard calls anyone that calls him out on his psuedoscientific "devolution" an SJW
wow, this is almost as bad as the retarded Ebola craze a couple months ago. Thankfully, /sci/ destroyed any /pol/fags that came here to discuss it, and what do you know, nothing happened, after all.

why are they trying to raid us, now
>>
>>7883006
> artificial selective breeding
Environmental adapting has a very small effect on humans today. We don't live in the jungle anymore. Well, some africans and most hippies do. But modern people don't need to hard-adapt to their safe warm houses where you check your refrigerator instead of hunting for food and buy plane tickets rather then evolving wings. We are almost completely isolated from the environmental factors and have solutions to most of the problems. Our evolution is about intelligence, health and capability for advancement. And to further this process you have to make sure your offsprings are intelligent, healthy and modern civilized people. I don't know what triggers people so much about such a basic concept. Then again, I don't expect much logical thinking from redditards
>>
>>7883021
/sci/ kicked you redditards as well but why do you keep coming back here ? go back to your flat earth threads and self-hating SJW circlejerk

>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>7883028
>I don't know what triggers people so much about such a basic concept.
Maybe because you don't understand the word "evolution" at all, and you're just using it because it sounds nice to you.
>>
>>7883032
stop shilling
>>
>>7883038
Are you actually going to shitpost the entire thread or are you planning to form an argument some time in the future ?
If you won't please go back to /r/eddit. /sci/ is tired of you shitting in every thread around here.
>>
>>7882752

>devolution

/pol/ education everyone
>>
>>7883045
> I deny evolution
oh hi /r/eddit
>>
>>7882762
M8, I came here to post the exact same comment. Glad it was posted so early on.
>>
>>7883028
Not going to dig into your understanding of evolution, but rather:

>And to further this process you have to make sure your offsprings are intelligent, healthy and modern civilized people.
"You" don't have to do any of that, people are free to choose who they want to mate with. If you want to do that, fine by me.

>I don't know what triggers people so much about such a basic concept.
People don't get triggered by you wanting to mate only with Aryans or whatever you consider white, they get triggered at your insinuation that a race is inferior because this or that with a complete lack of evidence as to why that is (unscientific). Trust me though, /pol/ has become testament to white people never having an claim to being considered as master race or superior to anybody.
>>
>>7883045
I thought reddit believed in evolution cause they think it pisses off religious people.
>>
>>7883048
the important thing is that evolution actually exists

And devolution is nonsense
>>
>>7883050
> "You" don't have to do any of that, people are free to choose who they want to mate with.
Then why do you get triggered when people want to mate with whites and accuse people with racism ? No matter what their reason is.

> at your insinuation that a race is inferior
thats a very wide term. judging by an example I'd rather fuck a european girl than a syrian refugee for many reasons. race is only a very tiny percentage of it and won't change the equation at all if you remove it.
>>
>>7883044
After you stop confusing evolution for eugenics. (before you jump to conclusions, notice that I didn't say that I find anything wrong with eugenics)
>>
>It's a: "/pol/fags ask a dumb question and get ravaged, and pretend to avoid/avoid reading counter-arguments and posts to continue shitposting" thread

Epic
>>
>>7883057
Don't expect logic from redditards. Their concept of evolution everyone is created equal and have identical intelligence. If you acknowledge any variation at all between races or groups of people, you are a nazi.
So yeah, their "evolution" definition has nothing to do with evolution.
>>
>>7883076
> can't hold himself back from inane rageposting
Why must you be so repetitious and boring reddit ?
>>
>>7883071
>Then why do you get triggered when people want to mate with whites and accuse people with racism ? No matter what their reason is.
>why do you get triggered when people want to mate with whites

Wat.
The important points from my post:
>people are free to choose who they want to mate with. If you want to do that, fine by me.
>fine by me.
>People don't get triggered by you wanting to mate only with Aryans
>they get triggered at your insinuation that a race is inferior because this or that with a complete lack of evidence as to why that is (unscientific).
>>
>>7883077
WHAT THE FUCK DOES IQ HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING

EVERYONE KNOWS ASHENKAZI JEWS HAVE THE HIGHEST AND SUBHUMAN HOODROOTS HAVE THE LOWEST

IT DOESN'T MAKE """""DEVOLUTION""""" A REAL THING, YOU FORUM SLIDING CUNT
>>
>>7883077
Good thing we aren't on reddit, and no one said anything like that in this thread.
>>
>>7883087
Maybe I need to clarify further:
>they get triggered at your insinuation that a race is inferior because this or that with a complete lack of evidence as to why that is (unscientific).
They get triggered because there is no evidence for the racism. They have a right to get triggered and question racism, because racism can lead to hate and violence.
>>
>>7882987

No, it's a perfect example to what anon was talking about. SCA is trait that is seen as unfavorable to select for because it "appears" to lead to weak fitness. Thus following their thought process behind "devolution".

But given certain circumstances it's actually beneficial to survival especially in the absence of modern medicine. So the "fit" individual with no SCA alleles or access to modern medicine is actually the weak "link" of the population.

Which runs counter to the devolution concept anon is pushing since in any other situation (or region) the roles of fitness would be reverse.

The concept of devolution just doesn't work because the ecosystems we occupy aren't linear in expression or functionality. Traits that were once beneficial can eventually start to lose it's advantages in a ever changing environment.
>>
>>7883093
> They have a right to get triggered and question racism, because racism can lead to hate and violence
You would have a right to say that only if you got triggered by all kinds of racism and not racism commited by the whites. Did you got triggered when Israel kicked all the africans out of their country because they were committing crimes and interfering with their pure jewish blood ? Did you got triggered by all the racially motivated black on white crime ? Or are you just here to refer people to pol because you are a self hating white person who thinks all whites are guilty and racist and deserve to be exterminated ?
>>
>>7883106
I personally get triggered by racism because of its support by uneducated people who spout pseudoscience without knowing one bit of real science to make themselves feel better. I do get triggered when such views can be materialized in my everyday life, like witnessing white supremacists bully homeless Pakis on the train. Yes, surprisingly, I do not like such a sight. I also do not like seeing blacks have racist views on whites, because again, these views are born by feelings rather than reason (the irony here is, that /pol/ keeps using "muh feels" as an argument but their blatant uneducated racism is also born out of "muh feels", since it doesn't stand on reason, but hatred). And I am definitely not a self-hating person, by the way, thanks for regurgitating your /pol/ argumentation while hypocritically stating you want a reasonable argument.
>>
>>7883117
> I personally get triggered by racism because of its support by uneducated people
Aren't you the one who just said jews were superior in intelligence or something ?
> like witnessing white supremacists bully homeless Pakis on the train
So I asked you if you were triggered by the despicable racism committed by the jews which led to thousands of homeless africans after they got kicked out of Israel, and there you change the subject and immediately bounce back to some bully on the train. It's like you're afraid to say you're triggered by jewish racism.
> muh feels
How is it feeling related to say a group of people have less intelligence than another group of people based on their achievements, their grades and their civility? Whites aren't at the top of the IQ pyramid yet nobody gets a tiny bit of mad when you comment on white peoples intelligence.
> thanks for regurgitating your /pol/ argumentation while hypocritically stating you want a reasonable argument.
I really hope you weren't deluding yourself that you sounded like some objective rational thinker, you sound far away from it. The main reason why people think your accusations of racism is a meme is because it's unbalanced and got double standards. SJW ironically turned the term "racism" into a meme.
>>
>>7883117
>believes in "equality"
>calls other people uneducated
>thinks he's an outsider when all he does is repeat the propaganda
>>
>>7883151
>>believes in "equality"
nice strawman faggot
>>
>>7882752
Dysgenics.
>>
>>7883163
This actually accurately describes >>7882829
>>
File: 1455504112187.png (28 KB, 186x208) Image search: [Google]
1455504112187.png
28 KB, 186x208
When will the admin finally delete /pol/?
>>
>>7883175
Right after they send redditards to ebola land :)
>>
>>7882752
no, there isnt, evolution always moves forward, the problem here is that if evolution is positive or not is based purely on the survival ratings.

people are getting dumber and more fucked up but our population is booming more and more
>>
>>7883143
>Aren't you the one who just said jews were superior in intelligence or something ?
no
>So I asked you if you were triggered by the despicable racism committed by the jews which led to thousands of homeless africans after they got kicked out of Israel, and there you change the subject and immediately bounce back to some bully on the train. It's like you're afraid to say you're triggered by jewish racism.
Yes, I am triggered by jewish racism, as well as their downright nazi-tier views on palestinians even though they began a series of wars with everyone. Doesn't mean all jews have those views however, I have met based jews in my life and can learn to talk with people before judging them. I have also met jews that support their regime and are terrible people. Yes, I hate them too. I thought I made it clear that I hate all kinds of unscientific racism with my blacks on whites racism example, but whatever floats your boat.

>How is it feeling related to say a group of people have less intelligence than another group of people based on their achievements, their grades and their civility?

You don't seem to grasp the importance of outside factors on the development of a population and its civilization. Individual examples of somebody being dumb, aggressive and of color are exactly why /pol/ is never taken seriously, just like some blacks can't be taken seriously when screaming about police mistreatment in cases where they were in the wrong. You can find examples of aggressiveness and dumbness in all races, and whatever statistical discrepancies between them can be attributed to external factors, and not genetics since we have no usable data to base whatever differences in crime between races to said genetics.

>I really hope you weren't deluding yourself that you sounded like some objective rational thinker, you sound far away from it.

Nice ad hominem, rational thinker.

>believes in "equality"
I said I laugh at people who claim inequality with no evidence.
>>
>>7882861
>You are triggered over someone asking a question about devolution

What did you expect? I mean, can you even grasp how fucking stupid is that question?
It just shows how little you know about evolution.
>>
>>7882762
This.
>>
>>7882752
>Is there such a thing as devolution, and is the human species currently undergoing it?

No.
>>
>>7882909

American conservatives trying to act like they aren't dying out.
>>
>>7882762
/thread

report & sage all /pol/ threads
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.