[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't like eating. I am too busy, I don't like spending
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 4
I don't like eating. I am too busy, I don't like spending the money, and I don't ever have an appetite to eat anything, ever.

Why can't I just live off sugar, milk and vitamins?

Why can't I just put 1000 calories of sugar with 1000 calories of milk, throw in some powdered vitamins / minerals, and live off of it for the rest of my life?

I would be reaching all vitamin, mineral, macro nutrient, and caloric requirements, so what would be the problem(s) with this diet? What non-imaginary factors am I not accounting for, if any at all?
>>
fiber, for one
>>
>>7877908
some tech faggot already figured it out for you
https://www.soylent.com/
>>
>>7877908
You can (almost)!

https://www.soylent.com/

But it's people.
>>
>>7877911
Okay, I add a fibre supplement. Then what am I missing?

>>7877923
>>7877925

That is overpriced branded shit. Purchasing store brand sugar and milk from the local supermarket alongside vitamins off Ebay would undoubtedly be much cheaper
>>
>>7877929
>Purchasing store brand sugar and milk from the local supermarket alongside vitamins off Ebay would undoubtedly be much cheaper
Have fun being ill and living a short life.
>>
>>7877908
literally how are you alive?

Food is literally always appealing and always feels good to eat unless I'm full to the point of sick or feel to heavy to move.
>>
>>7877929
are you a retard? the website gives you the recipe for free to make your own batches at home.
>>
>>7878116
>Food is literally always appealing
Not op, But I never get hungry either. I can go days without a single bit of food and I would start to feel weak but wont feel even a bit hungry.I weight 110lb (I am a guy)
>>
Food isn't just essential nutrients. There are other molecules that may act as signals, or affect the microbiome in a certain way.
>>
>>7877925

So much reddit in this one comment.
>>
>>7878116
under eating is trivially easy m8
>>
>>7879210
leave
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>7879214
You first.
>>>/pol/
>>
>>7879217
We don't want reddit in here. You got triggered and started defending reddit like the redditard you are which is why you keep spamming gb2pol crap.

Now fuck off >>>/r/eddit. and don't visit 4chan again
>>
>>7879225
Stay in your containment board.
>>>/pol/
>>
>>7879240
Back to your containment website
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>7879242
Ladies first, >>>/pol/
>>
>>7879245
> sexism
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>7879247
>being an obvious trump supporting fascist
>>>/pol/
>>
>>7879250
> bringing politics into discussion out of nowhere
>>>/pol/
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>7879259
>only pol makes these words green
>>>/pol/
>>
>>7879264
> triggered over his homepage being constantly ridiculed by everyone
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>7879267
>why do you even try xD
>>>/pol/
>>
>>7879269
> still redditposting
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>7879277
>i can do what i want
>>>/pol/
>>
>>7879285
> i believe i can fly
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>7879290
>>>/pol/
>>
>>7879301
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>7877908
>260g of sugar per day
jesus christ
>>
>>7877908

I'm not a nutritionist but from my rudimentary understanding if it, milk has all the essential amino acids and fats, so you're all good there, sugar to top off your energy needs with carbs, but the problem with multivitamins/minerals is that some metals decrease absorption of others, say iron and zinc or something, or copper and magnesium, I forget which ones, you can look it up but they all interact to change each other's bioavailabilities, that's why it's not ideal to eat multis as opposed to food-derived nutrients since if you take the minerals at the same time they can inactivate each other. Whole food digestion gives a spatial and temporal barrier to the nutrients so that they can be absorbed at a higher %age.
>>
>>7877908
Enjoy your diabeetus.
>>
>>7879309
>implying that's a lot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdSjGUjkr1g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5GHBXk2QEM
>>
>>7879146
But those can be formed using the essential nutrients.
>>
>>7877908
>sugar, milk and vitamins?
Why sugar? You already have a lot of carbs in milk.

You can live off milk for a long time, some egg every now and then along with supplements and you're set for life.
>>
>>7879325
this is why you eat it with your FOOD and drink some water afterwards it's recommended.
>>
>>7877929
Protein. Milk has some, but probably not enough. If you just add protein powder to your milk you might be set.

You are also missing carbohydrates. There are a lot of different opinions and some conflicting literature about the importance of carbohydrates. I eat a lot of carbohydrates and I think of myself as rather healthy.
>>
File: 1397301900231.png (195 KB, 249x386) Image search: [Google]
1397301900231.png
195 KB, 249x386
>>7878209
>a slight wind blows
>fly away
>>
You need context accompanied by fiber to be healthy. Thats why milk and sugar wont sit well. Veggies and beans are your best bet.
>>
>>7877911
you don't need fiber if you don't poop
>>
i also hate eating for the reasons you mentioned and more
if i don't starve myself i feel sick and i get depressed
i have never felt hungry in my life
i wish i could just never eat again
>>
>>7881253
kek
I've been living without fiber for months and poop at least twice a day, often three times.
>>
You cute as hell though
>>
>>7877925
>But it's people.

Nostalgic kek
>>
>>7880698
>humans need protein

hahahah

Milk has more than enough
>>
>>7877908
You can do it. Check this out OP

http://huel.com
>>
>>7877908
>live off
I hate this fucking redneck expression.
That said, you could survive a lonnng time on that regimen, it is superior to the diet of one-third the world's population. It's not ideal, but it's adequate.
>>
>>7879426
>live off
Jesus Hector Christo, another one.
>>
>>7877908
Fiber, and various micro nuteiemts. There's a reason its called a healthy and BALANCED diet.
>>
milk is not as healthy as we are lead to believe, Many researches hint that milk damages our digestive system for a short time but enough to make you absorb less of your food, Also our body stops making enzymes that dissolves some of the milk's proteins at age six , this proteins can lead to allergy and the famous lactose intolerance
>>
>>7881658
pls kill yourself
>>
>>7881754
pls kill yourself
>>
>>7881658
>our body stops making enzymes that dissolves some of the milk's proteins at age six

That's only true for non-whites
>>
>>7881658
vegan shill detected
>>
>>7881845
actually not vegan, just lactose intolerance and a brain
>>
>>7881841
>That's only true for some non-whites

Fix'd it for you
>>
>>7881924
99% of non-whites vs. 50% of whites.

I'm white and I'm not taking that risk. Cutting dairy isn't that difficult.
>>
>>7877908
I want to see her face covered in semen so badly
>>
>>7882159
I can do that in photoshop but I don't wanna get banned
>>
>>7877908
>Why can't I just live off sugar, milk and vitamins?
I've never done that, but can't you just try one of these bottled nutrition drinks with creepy names?
>>
>>7881940
>99% of non-whites vs. 50% of whites.
I need a source on that.
>>
>>7881924
sorry to break it for you but melanin levels on our skin have nothing to do with lactose intolerance
>>
>>7881841
>>
>>7877908
once you realize life is about enjoying all your senses, you will learn to enjoy eating and preparing food.
>>
>>7878116
/sci/fags are too autistic to appreciate the subjective human experience
>>
>>7881924
If you're lactose intolerant you're not white
>>
If we assume that you only eat/drink whole milk (and no extra sugar):

After drinking 3.7 liters of milk per day (to get 2400 kcal), you will get all the vitamins and minerals EXCEPT for B3 (3 mg out of 16 mg), B9 (188/400), C (56/90), E (2.6/15), K (little to none), Copper (0.38/0.9), Iron (1.88/8), Manganese (0.15/2.3).

However, you are getting way too much Calcium (4464 mg) compared to Magnesium (488 mg), which should preferably be closer to 2:1 (somewhere between 1:1 and 3:1 should be OK). I'm not suggesting you try to fix this by getting more Magnesium, you will seriously need to lower Calcium.

You will also get way too much IGF-1, Leucine and Lactose.

Don't even think about low-fat or non-fat milk.
>>
Also, there are probably countless of useful compounds in fruits and vegetables and meat that would be beneficial for health. Like Lycopene (possibly prevents allergies). Also some of the Omega3 fats (EPA+DHA) would be nice.
>>
>>7882769
i am the whitest guy on earth that is not albino
>>
>>7877929
>That is overpriced branded shit. Purchasing store brand sugar and milk from the local supermarket alongside vitamins off Ebay would undoubtedly be much cheaper

Soylent is open sauce, he can make it himself if he wants
>>
File: 1409562553802.jpg (42 KB, 600x874) Image search: [Google]
1409562553802.jpg
42 KB, 600x874
bump
>>
>>7877908
You probably can, you will die at a young age though, those are some of the worst things to eat...
>>
how tall your you OP?
>>
>>7884202
>getting way too much Calcium (4464 mg)
Without vitamin D the calcium is ignored anyway. And even so medical prescriptions for 3-4grams of additional calcium per day with vitamin D combined are super common. Perfectly safe.

>You will also get way too much IGF-1, Leucine and Lactose.
Does not matter.
Unless you decide to eat the shit in purified supplement form.

>2400 kcal
Depends on activity level and size of OP. 1700-2000 could be enough.
>>
How do I become more hungry?
>>
>>7881270
>and poop at least twice a day, often three times.

And what is the consistency of said poop according to the Bristol Stool chart?
>>
>>7887153

who is this semen demon
>>
>>7877908
you'd miss out on hundreds of phytochemicals that would be beneficial to you
>>
>>7887574
>phytochemicals
It's like memes for your stomach. more likely to give you cancer than any regular diet every would.
>>
Drink beer. That's all you need.
>>
Sounds like you are allowing capitalism to intrude on your being and it is causing you to consume yourself.
>>
>>7887598
never go full retard

http://www.aicr.org/reduce-your-cancer-risk/diet/elements_phytochemicals.html
>>
Organic (No)

This version of Soylent is not 100% organic.
Certified kosher (No)

This version of Soylent uses kosher certified ingredients and manufacturers. The final product is not certified kosher.
GMO-free (No)

This version of Soylent is not GMO-free.
Learn more
Allergen-free (No)

This version of Soylent contains soy & gluten.
Gluten-free (No)

This version of Soylent contains gluten.
Learn more.
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.