[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Serious question: if obesity is such a large killer, why don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 12
File: amphetamines-984.jpg (41 KB, 420x279) Image search: [Google]
amphetamines-984.jpg
41 KB, 420x279
Serious question: if obesity is such a large killer, why don't they just legalize all amphetamines?
>>
>>7868961
Serious question: If obesity is such a large killer, why don´t we do the a favor and kill them ourselves. It´s merciful to put the out of their miseries.
>>
>>7868961

>take an irresponsible adult with no willpower whatsoever
>hook him on hard drugs

Come on are you even trying.
>>
Serious question: if nicotine is so habit-forming, then why don't they put it in things we should make a habit of consuming, like vegetables and vitamins?
>>
>>7868962
>their miseries
who told you being fat is being miserable? Is that how you justify your self flagelation?
Being is a sign of good genes if anything because you store fat better than others. Stop trying to dilute the gene pool with your shitty genes.
>>
>>7868994
>Being is a sign of good genes if anything because you store fat better than others.
I caveman times, yes. Go to a gym fatty
>>
>>7868997
>Go to a gym fatty
sorry I'm not fat, try again slenderman.
>>
>>7868961
Because everyone knows drugs are bad because that one guy couldn't handle moderately using cocaine or heroin.

It would be a good idea though.
>>
>>7868999
Sorry, I didn´t realise you belong to the WIDL. Someone has to defend those majestic creatures.

>Whale Internet Defense League
>>
>>7868994
>Being is a sign of good genes
>Being is a sign
You seem to have eaten a word there, fatty.
>>
>>7869007
>WIDL
I'll embrace it. Food is one of the best pleasures in life. Depriving yourself from good food, tearing your muscles and sweating is just self harm in disguise really.
>>
>>7869011
nice compelling argument sub50IQ, keep it up
>>
>>7869016
So thick in the middle and yet so thin-skinned. Ironic, really.
>>
File: xRgHQvT.jpg (182 KB, 1124x1024) Image search: [Google]
xRgHQvT.jpg
182 KB, 1124x1024
>>7869029
>trying to bully people on the internet
you keep trying faggot
>>
>>7868968
Because nicotine has neg health effects
>>
>>7869041
I fucking love that cat
>>
>>7869085
I'll post more when I get home
>>
>>7869090
Yaaaay
>>
>>7868965
>being obese necessarily implies you have no willpower whatsoever
Huh, so that's why every fat person I've ever met takes thirty drinks and puts down five packs of smokes every week, not to mention already does hard drugs without regard to the fact that they're illegal.

>>7868961
Not *all* amphetamines would be particularly amenable diet aids, especially not the psychedelic ones. Unsubstituted amphetamine used to be widely prescribed for weight loss, but the medical community has grown to believe that use causes more health damage than it averts. Also "allow to be used to treat a specific condition under medical supervision" is a far cry from "legalize," though bodily autonomy of the same sort that requires ""informed consent" of test subects itself makes a fairly airtight case for legalized use of all drugs, at least by those who are not pregnant.
>>
File: Eo21jTTWtmQ.jpg (60 KB, 604x402) Image search: [Google]
Eo21jTTWtmQ.jpg
60 KB, 604x402
>>7869238
>>
File: 1450786135990.jpg (25 KB, 250x201) Image search: [Google]
1450786135990.jpg
25 KB, 250x201
>>7869316
>>
File: fb2.jpg (113 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
fb2.jpg
113 KB, 800x800
>>7869322
>>
File: hNu0Kivt3cs.jpg (60 KB, 520x390) Image search: [Google]
hNu0Kivt3cs.jpg
60 KB, 520x390
>>7869325
I can't get enough of this
>>
File: 1452299336833.jpg (233 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
1452299336833.jpg
233 KB, 1280x1280
>>7869327
>>
File: 1453555415378.jpg (97 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1453555415378.jpg
97 KB, 800x800
>>7869331
>>
File: GwWDGrR.jpg (175 KB, 1024x730) Image search: [Google]
GwWDGrR.jpg
175 KB, 1024x730
>>7869335
>>
>>7869041
what is the origin of this meme cat?
>>
File: 1453584092383.jpg (221 KB, 1280x945) Image search: [Google]
1453584092383.jpg
221 KB, 1280x945
>>7869343
I honestly have no idea, I just like the cat's face

sry
>>
>>7869338
This is one disciplined cat
>>
File: charliedf.jpg (20 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
charliedf.jpg
20 KB, 250x188
>>7868961
Interesting idea (but no)... There is a good case for making sugar a class A drug however....
>>
>>7869403
Suddenly realised that the less discerning may not get the statement.

Try 'giving up' sugar... do you want to? Is it hard? Do you need a substitute? Does all tood and drink taste bad without it? Energy levels low without it? Need a coffee in the morning to 'get going'?

Suger = highly adfictive drug
>>
>>7869412
tood always tastes bad to me bleh!
>>
>>7869316
>>7869322
>>7869325
>>7869327
>>7869331
>>7869335
>>7869338
>>7869345
Love you kitteh
>>
>>7869294
>amphetamines
>especially not the psychedelic ones

Completely different class of drug, there's no such thing as a psychedelic amphetamine.
>>
>>7868961
>serious question
Are you fucking retarded? Just as many non-obese people would get hooked on amphetamines, meaning a large decrease in societal efficiency as people spend ever increasing amounts of their income on amphetamines to keep them going, and neglect financial and social responsibilities in the process.

There's a perfectly healthy and guaranteed way to solve obesity, it's called diet exercise. If people choose to let themselves risk dying at age 40 from a heart attack when it can be avoided, that's their problem. Society shouldn't have to take a burden because some fatass can't lose weight without taking a shit ton of neurotoxic stimulants.
>>
>>7869739
>Using a social focus argument
>diet exercise
>choose
>their problem
Why don't you decide already?

Don't tell me, you think the human being is not an animal, huh?
>>
>>7869739
>There's a perfectly healthy and guaranteed way to solve obesity, it's called diet exercise
If this worked there would be no obesity problem. Now I'm not saying it literally doesn't work, of course it does it's thermodynamics, I'm saying in terms of getting the population to lose weight we have been screaming "JUST FUCKING DIET AND EXERCISE!" at the public for decades and where has it gotten us? It's clearly not the solution. As with smoking the only real solution is to concentrate on the kids because once an adult is set in their ways no amount of government advice is going to change it. The only problem is that unlike with smoking it is parents that foster unhealthy eating in children.
>>
>>7869755
>Diet and exercise
>It's clearly not the solution

Actually, it definitely is the solution, and we have decades of scientific data to back that up. It has nothing to do with its effectiveness, it's the fact that people are too fucking lazy and stupid to manage their weight so they stay fat instead and then whine that they want drugs so they can be skinny. Only an incredibly tiny percentage of obese people actually have a condition that makes it truly impossible for them to be skinny, everyone else could be and they just choose not to.

>>7869753
There are no decisions to be made. Legalization of amphetamines would have negative consequences on society, and suggesting that these consequences should be accepted just so fatty's don't have to take on the horrible burden of being healthy is ridiculous. Yeah, it sucks for people who would be able to responsibly use them, but retards will ruin it for everyone else. It's not like alcohol or weed where the damage of abuse is acceptable, the social cost for amphetamines is just too high
>>
>>7869776
>Government has been telling people to diet and exercise for decades
>Despite this obesity levels has been rising for decades
>The strategy is working
Soo we should what? Continue screaming the same advice regardless and watch obesity levels continue to rise forever more? Do you really think that everyone will magically start listening one day?
>it's the fact that people are too fucking lazy and stupid to manage their weight
Exactly, so rather than trying to fight this fact of human nature which is clearly going nowhere we should put more effort into finding ways to make weight loss easier.

This reminds me of conservatives and prison. Prison clearly doesn't fucking work yet conservatives endlessly scream "HARSH PUNISHMENT STOPS CRIME" The more logical approach is "too soft" for them to accept even though it's been proven to be more effective. I know that pandering to laziness feels like a "cop out" to you but the sole aim is to reduce obesity by whatever means necessary.
>>
>>7869776
A good first start is to subsidize healthy food. I envisage government run takeaway shops that sell grilled chicken sandwiches and fruit for under £1. I have seen that a major factor in people getting fat is getting too wrapped up in work to cook. Now the current strategy is your same "bang your head against a brick wall" stratagem which consists of repeatedly shouting at people to find time to cook. The public has been happily ignoring this advice for decades no matter how many times you scream about "how quick and easy cooking is" the public DGAF they don't want to cook after a long day of work full stop. Therefore if you weren't a fucking bonehead you would see that the most expedient solution is to provide takeaways that are actually healthy and at a lower price to encourage people to buy it instead of KFC.
>>
>>7869776
>would have negative consequences on society
I do think so.
>It's not like alcohol or weed where the damage of abuse is acceptable, the social cost for amphetamines is just too high
The damage of alcohol and weed abuse is noticeable. But I agree, there is a great difference.

You implied that these fatfucks were responsible of being landwhales.
In a social nuance of this topic, the state is responsible of being a factory of living lards.
Internal policy favours private business upon the citizens' education.

That's why your anterior post didn't make sense.

Bye ;^D
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-02-18-12-49-30-1.png (267 KB, 1440x2455) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-18-12-49-30-1.png
267 KB, 1440x2455
Pretty much every amphetamine is legal, as long as a doctor decided you needed it. Even meth.
>>
>>7869710
Are you trolling or actually this stupid?
>>
>>7869789
I'm not referring to any sort of social strategy to get people to not be obese. The point is that they can fix the problem if they want to. The information is made available to them and unless they are incredibly retarded, most obese people are aware that diet and exercise will help. You're suggesting that it should be up to society to cater to these people by incurring a negative consequence on their behalf, and I'm saying that's bullshit. The world is already over populated, I'm not going try to help people who won't try to help themselves.

>>7869804
I totally agree. The government already heavily subsidizes the agricultural industry to produce less than capacity allows, which is why a lot of healthy foods like fresh fruits/veggies are relatively expensive.
>>
>>7869822
They usually don't prescribe amphetamines for weight loss, there are other stimulants like phentermine which are better suited because they still increase metabolism but aren't very psychoactive and therefore have a low potential for abuse
>>
>>7869835
No, you're just a fucking idiot. A psychedelic drug is a specific class of hallucinogen that refers to tryptamines, drugs that act as partial agonists on serotonin receptors, most commonly the 5-HT 2A receptor. The three most common psychedelics are LSD, DMT, and psilocybin mushrooms. Amphetamines are psychomotor stimulants that act by releasing dopamine and norepinephrine. They have completely different chemical methods of actions and are mutually exclusive. Educate yourself next time before you post
>>
>>7869873
>I'm not going try to help people who won't try to help themselves.
You want them to change, they aren't helping themselves therefore to fulfill your goal you have no choice but to help them. If you really don't want to help them then fair enough but don't complain about obesity. You're the one who wants to see the change, the fat people are seemingly happy staying fat.
>I totally agree
Well at least you agreed with one thing I said.
>>
>>7869904
I'm not complaining about obesity, all I said is that we shouldn't legalize amphetamines to solve the problem, because it would impact me (as a member of society) negatively. I'm all for supporting the availability of healthy foods and doing whatever to encourage people to exercise, that helps everyone. I just don't want everyone to have access to highly addictive stimulants.
>>
>>7869888
Its pharmacology is still very similar to amphetamines. Here in GA, its prescribed to meth heads at the same clinic heroin addicts get methadone.
>>
>>7869776
>it sucks for people who would be able to responsibly use them, but retards will ruin it for everyone else
And, y'know, putting people behind bars for producing or taking totally doesn't "ruin it for everybody."

>It's not like alcohol or weed where the damage of abuse is acceptable
Nigga wuuuuuuut. Alcohol has an extreme level of social harm from hospitalizations, long term health complications, missed work and vehicle deaths alone. You just don't notice it because you're used to it and it itself becomes the metric you judge the projected (apparently an absolute worst case, god of the gaps style projection) social harm from "hard" drugs in a hypothetical world where they were legal.

>>7869901
>Confusing "amphetamine" (alpha-methyl phenethylamine,) a structural term, for an actual pharmacological category like "5-HT2A agonist" "GABA-A positive allosteric modulator" or "mixed mu/delta opioid agonist-antagonist."
You about to be anally rekt son
One last chance to correct yourself voluntarily, maybe google "psychedelic amphetamine" or something
>I know of exactly three psychs and they're all tryptamines
>>
>>7869942
Sorry, I'll clarify that I was referring specifically to CNS stimulant amphetamines, this is widely accepted terminology. But even referring to all structurally amphetamine drugs, there is still no such thing as a psychedelic amphetamine. The only chemical classes that are agonists at 5-HT 2A receptors are tryptamines and phenethylamines. Substituted amphetamine derivatives do not have action at this receptor and cannot be considered psychedelics. Keep in mind this is not to say they can not be hallucinogens
>>
>>7869991
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2,5-Dimethoxy-4-chloroamphetamine
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2,5-Dimethoxy-4-bromoamphetamine
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2,5-Dimethoxy-4-iodoamphetamine
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2,5-Dimethoxy-4-methylamphetamine
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-APB
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methylenedioxyamphetamine

Fucken MDA son
>>
>>7869343
its a smug looking cat that is a pet for someone who decided to make memes out of him

is that really so hard
>>
>>7868961
Becouse it makes you a retard and the world is full of it already.

>but i do whatever i want with my body

We don`t nees your kind please remove yourself from existense and let new and better people have your chance.
>>
>>7870059
Ayy lmao I computationally screened and did high throughput assays on a library of potential DOx psychs last year

Hit-to-lead positives were dispersed without further optimization among the local rave scene to volunteers who did not receive compensation. Feedback about the intended action was solicited and symptoms were discreetly monitored.

>tfw some absolute madmen dose up other stuff with it
>tfw serotonin syndrome

And that's why you should never do drugs kiddies.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.