[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has science gone too far?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
File: 1455067631305.jpg (15 KB, 400x387) Image search: [Google]
1455067631305.jpg
15 KB, 400x387
Scientists have discovered how to delete memories.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/12152337/Scientists-have-discovered-how-to-delete-unwanted-memories.html
>>
>>7856277
Knowledge is never a bad thing just how we use it sometimes is.

Science doesn't go to far people do
>>
I actually want to be able to digitally save my memories, in video or images
>>
>who is currently working on a technique to erase painful memories

fuck off with click-bait
>>
>>7856277

Get your ass to Mars.
>>
File: 1454723595564.jpg (55 KB, 452x572) Image search: [Google]
1454723595564.jpg
55 KB, 452x572
I just want to know how they do it. I don't care if it's "useful" for whatever they say it is.

>>7856289
The problem with this technology is that it ultimately can go against knowledge itself, at least in an individual level. What I mean is, they can just throw us in a cave far away from civilization, delete our memories and replace them with new ones to make us think we're cavemans. And we wouldn't even notice, if the information is as impressive as it sounds. It's a saddening thought, and I hope it's something that isn't easy to do as they make it look like. If it's impossible, or deleting / replacing memories has to met a very, very specific criteria, then phew.
>>
File: z2Z8WCO.png (3 MB, 892x1826) Image search: [Google]
z2Z8WCO.png
3 MB, 892x1826
>>7856293
>I actually want to be able to digitally save my memories, in video or images
Jesus, what a waste of effort and resources.
Go ask any married couple two questions:
1) How much did you pay for a professional photographer for your wedding?
2) How many years since you last looked at any of those pictures?

Or got to the zoo.
Thousands of people shooting pictures on their phones that they'll never look at.
If you want to know what an ocelot looks like, go to Google image search.

Live in the moment.
>>
>>7856482
Look at her, so spiritually connected, in touch with the higher existence, so empowered by her enlightenment.
>>
File: 1445804255937.png (29 KB, 591x422) Image search: [Google]
1445804255937.png
29 KB, 591x422
> Has science gone too far?

No, when I can get over-the-counter forgetting pills that will be just far enough.
>>
File: 1432262471777.jpg (85 KB, 804x802) Image search: [Google]
1432262471777.jpg
85 KB, 804x802
>tfw I can finally add a memory of having a long and loving relationship with a gf and we finally part ways mutually after years of fun and love.
>>
>>7856293
i'm interested in this as well. but what i really want is the ability to record and playback dreams. endless entertainment
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.