[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this man a genius or a charlatan?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: Jacque-Fresco-Venus-Project.jpg (1 MB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
Jacque-Fresco-Venus-Project.jpg
1 MB, 2000x1333
Is this man a genius or a charlatan?
>>
who the fuck cares? why are there so many threads asking if guy X is a genius? there are geniuses, and there are idiots, and then there's you. are you a genius? if not, why? what are you doing right now to justify not being smart enough to be a genius? why aren't you making strides in your field? because you had to shitpost on /sci/? fuck off, go open a path for discovery instead of fantasizing that someone else is or isn't.
>>
>>7849737
t. an idiot
>>
>>7849737

Take your meds
>>
he idea is flawed
it works on the assumption that there is already enough to go around
>>
>>7849734

I'm your penus
I'm your fire
your desire
>>
>>7849743
What is t.?
>>
>>7849781
t. is shorthand for terveisin, which is Finnish for “with regards”.
It's a new meme.
>>
>>7849759
>it works on the assumption that there is already enough to go around

There's more than enough to go around right now. The problem is the logistics. All the stuff to go around doesn't want to go around very well. Actually, the people who could be doing it don't' give a shit about everyone else.

Altruism is a disease.
>>
>>7849844
>Altruism is a disease
How so?
>>
File: 9C2Ng4e.jpg (21 KB, 474x296) Image search: [Google]
9C2Ng4e.jpg
21 KB, 474x296
>Central Planning Central Planning Central Planning
>>
>>7849888
>Altruism: the belief in or practice of disinterested and selfless concern for the well-being of others.

How is it not a disease? People who want to help other people by the definition of altruism normally have mental problems. Being selfless in nature is tantamount to suicide.

All forms of helping others always gives the helper something back to the helper, except for altruism.
>>
>>7849924
I'd imagine it would be helpful for group/family survival
>>
We definitely have more than enough resources to allow everyone on Earth to live a fantastic existence, but it would take reorganizing how we distribute resources. It seems to me, that he has a realistic model to build on.
>>
He is 100y old. fck.
>>
A couple windmills and solar panels wont run that city and a computer in a big room wont stop crime.
>>
>>7849966
Windmills run Denmark. Why not his city?

>>7849953
Except overall production and innovation declines when resources are distributed on altruistic motives rather than profit ones.

Communism is a failure, a bad mistake.
>>
>>7849980
More than 80% of Denmark's energy comes from fossil fuels.

So fuck off
>>
>>7849986
60%*
>>
>>7849980
>Except overall production and innovation declines when resources are distributed on altruistic motives rather than profit ones.
Source?
>>
>>7849986
>More than 80% of Denmark's energy comes from fossil fuels.

>http://www.wsj.com/articles/denmarks-wind-power-output-rises-to-record-in-first-half-1409750563

Not true. For electricity consumption, ~40% came from wind power in 2014. They plan to scale it to 50% by 2020 and then 80% by 2030.

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wind_power_in_Denmark
>>
>>7849938
That isn't altruism. Altruism means "disinterested and selfless". If you are doing stuff that helps the group/family you are in, then you are not being, "disinterested and selfless."
>>
Didn't he design a fuck ton of shit?
Even if you disagree with his politics the man is amazingly smart.
I actually think he's on to something though.
>>
>>7849734
he wasted his time being devoid of practicality
>>
>>7850013

Yes. With no formal education of any kind. He dropped out of high school, too. It's pretty nuts to think he's been an adult since the 1930s.
>>
>>7850553
When will /sci/ realize that dropouts are the masterrace?
>>
>>7850056

He couldn't get funding. He almost had something going in the 1940s, but then the u.a. government retracted funding.

He's had a lot of bad luck, plus his personality does not lead him to playing well with others.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.