[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will taking opiates hurt my brain?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: 1375917447929.jpg (117 KB, 564x428) Image search: [Google]
1375917447929.jpg
117 KB, 564x428
Will taking opiates hurt my brain?
>>
Yeah.
>>
>>7848239
If you don't overdo it it's probably fine
>>
>>7848239
The main problem is that you will not notice.
>>
Fuck you
>>
>>7848248
Yeah, that's what I thought which is why I ask.
>>
>>7848248
>hurr durr if you don't overdo these incredibly addictive and judgment compromising substances
>>
>>7848274
I'll show you who's boss of this gym
>>
>tfw no vicodin
>>
>>7848239
The opposite. It's gonna soothe it, calm it, sing it a lullaby, give it a warm tight hug and tell it everything is going to be alright now, you will never feel pain, anxiety, unsatisfaction again while I am around.
>>
No. Unlike almost all other drugs, opiate use is very benign when it comes to long term side effects. What you need to worry about is addiction.
>>
>>7848304
>Herr durr everyone has no self control and is driven by hedonism.

I've used opiates for a while and I've never got addicted to them because I never used more than once a week.
>>
File: the-future.jpg (198 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
the-future.jpg
198 KB, 1920x1200
>>7848239
Not really, but you'll lose the desire to eat, sleep, fuck, have fun with friends.
>>
>>7848392
This.
Addiction (to opi) has fucked my life pretty hard at times.
>>
>>7848398
>never got addicted
>uses every week
>>
>>7848399
Am already like that and I've never used it in my life
>>
>>7848398

You have a drug problem.
>>
>>7848399
Oh really?
I was looking into it because I hear it would make you more social and confident.
Well, I guess if it makes you not depressed about being more social and confident, then that works too...
>>
>>7848724
Explain
>>
>>7848698
Quote where I said I used every week. I said I never used more than once a week. It is very rare that I ever use 2 or 3 weeks in a row becacause I don't really want to go out of my way and spend my money to get them. But when I did have them, I control my use and don't let it go over AT MOST once a week. And it's not like I am broke or anything I have access to opiates at my whims but I usually spend my money on other stuff like... Food. Sounds like I'm a hard junkie to me.

>>7848698
>>7848724
So maybe most on /sci/ are idiots who can't put aside their preconceived biases (Ironic for a science board) for even just a moment to read and comprehend my sentence at a 4th grade level.
>>
>>7848980

Doing opiates that often is easily enough to get addicted, if you're not already (which I think you probably are).

But really I would say any use is a "problem" in the sense that you have to be kind of an idiot to experiment with something that addictive.
>>
Is once every week really so bad for it to count as an addiction?
>>
>>7849013

Yes. You can easily build tolerance that way, and it won't be once a week for long. I've seen it happen many times. Nobody says "hmm, I think I'll become a heroin addict."
>>
>>7849013
Psychological addiction is pretty much guaranteed, physical addiction can be avoided if you are strict but DESU no one ever lasts
>>
>>7849009
>>7849068
I swear man u guys are not listening to me. Opiates are literally just a casual thing for me, I have never been dope sick, I have never increased my doses because I found tolerance to be building.

I use every once in a while usually with huge breaks in between phases of use where I get board with drugs and focus 100% on other things. I spend most of the disposable income I get on food, gym membership, and movies because I am a sucker for movie theaters. Every once in a while, maybe every 3-4 months, I will get some hydrocodone and/or kratom and I will do that on sundays until I run out which happens in like 2-3 weeks and then I usually don't use again for a long time like I said. Also, I grow some opium plants that I use to get high. These are of no worry to me because since it is a plant i am limited to one or 2 doses a year. No one sells opium in the US.

Perhaps if i wasn't more or less satisfied with myself as a person or didn't have things to do everyday I would have become addicted. I don't think i am psychologically addicted to it as well. It has zero relative impact in my life at all.
>>
>>7848399
>tfw no skinny vr addicted corner-boy
>>
File: 1306507034225.jpg (7 KB, 206x237) Image search: [Google]
1306507034225.jpg
7 KB, 206x237
>>7849175
>>
>>7848239

Messing with a body chemistry rarely ends well. Inhibitors react to excessive amounts of substance and it will not be produced naturally. It is a system that is designed to balance itself.

If substance levels are artificially kept up in long periods of time, your body makes more semi-permanent changes. Leaving you under normal levels when not taking the substance and thus unhappy.

You won't be able to gain long term happiness from this. They work as medicine because existing problems are normally more severe than side effects. Making it more viable to take the substance.

Moreover large amounts of opiates will cause all kind of other problems in body too. They interfere with the normal function of the lungs. Cause constipation.
>>
>>7848239
Nah OP youll be fine.
you'll even learn new skills like how to break into cars with a brick and if you take enough you'll graduate to stealing money from your grandmother.
>>
>>7848239
Completely
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.