[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"This degree provides graduates with a strong foundation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1453647178580.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1453647178580.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>"This degree provides graduates with a strong foundation in analytical and communication skills, which are of great value in all walks of life and career paths"

AKA This degree isn't worth a shit
>>
>>7843334
Well, communication is of great value in all walks of life and career paths.

Now, here's the difference. Is this a STEM degree with a short 1 or 2 semester writing/communication component, or is it a degree all about communication?

If it is the second one then indeed, the degree isn't worth shit.
>>
Well being a sperg master won't get you anywhere, fag.
>>
Kek. It's always the communication type majors that bitch about student debt because they can't get a job.
>>
>>7843334
people such as you rely too heavily on your degree to succeed.
>>
File: 2016-02-05-23-41-48-1736168254.jpg (5 KB, 229x220) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-05-23-41-48-1736168254.jpg
5 KB, 229x220
>>7843353
OP here, I found this in a description for an Irish biomedical science course.

In the section where it tells you where you can go with this degree, it said that it gives a great basis for graduate medicine or alternatively the bullshit in the first post.

If I spent 4 years studying science, paying thousands of euros in fees, I'd like to think I'll come out with more than "good analytical and communication skills"

>inb4 Irish universities are shit-tier
>>
>>7843557
If you don't have good communication and analytical skills you will not get far.
>>
>>7843334
you own a small company, your target market isn't as promising as before.
You need to trick your team of microbiologists into working on something they're not used to instead of leaving to work for someone else.
How do you do it?

I hope lebesgue integration can help you here, because I know how. But do you?
>>
>>7843334
All american degrees provide you with communication, thinking and musical skills
>>
OP, here is my honest to god high Help:Content ratio advice for picking a uni. It's rough because it's short but everyone would've benefited from seeing this.

1. Apply to universities SOLELY based on their rankings in RESPECTED league tables. Don't listen to anyone's opinions. Don't listen to university marketing. Don't try to understand what is in the course (e.g. "X university's physics course has a high amount of time spent in labs, X is more theoretical based"). Your future employer or grad school doesn't give a shit that Southern Alabama Tech's Biology department has a bigger Fly Ejaculate Laboratory than MIT. Do not overanalyse things.

2. If your course isn't listed in one of the two pages below, do not do it at undergrad level under any circumstances. If the degree name has more than one word, it should probably be avoided, but only the first sentence in rule 2 is gospel.

https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/courses-listing?wssl=1

http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/courses
>>
>>7843631
If you don't have it by the end of high-school you should just kill yourself there and then.
>>
>>7843694
>If the degree name has more than one word, it should probably be avoided

I know this rule works because of shit like computer science but what about engineerings?

All engineerings will have two words in the title.
>>
>>7843710
>All engineerings will have two words in the title.
Yep, dick and sucking
>>
>>7843694
>https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/courses-listing/engineering-science?wssl=1

They graduate people doing this shit?

Cambridge is more respectable at least they have ChemE not just weird liberal art based engineering.
http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/courses/chemical-engineering
>>
>>7843716
Engineering is literally the golden standard against which all other degrees are measured.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.