[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where is and what is at the center of the universe?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 449x327) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 449x327
Where is and what is at the center of the universe?
>>
What is at the centre of Earth?

Answer: It is meaningless and of non-importance, who gives a fuck?
>>
>>7842956
A particle that's not really there.
>>
is the root of the big bang, like, still there emiting light and matter after all this time, like a reverse black whole?
>>
everywhere is the center of the universe
>>
you are the centre of the universe anon, but, so am I
>>
>>7842964
>useless: the post
>>
The universe is infinite
The center of the universe is always seen but never understood
You are the center of the universe because the universe revolves around you. There is always an equal length of the universe to your left, right, bottom, top, everywhere
>>
>>7842971
No.
>>
>>7842989
no, you
>>
>>7842956
The pillars of creation
>>
>>7842956
god
>>
>>7842956
an old man with a cane
>>
>>7842956
Earth, the home of God and his lady nature
>>
>>7842964
A solid(ish) ball of iron-nickel alloy.
>>
>>7842956

The universe does not have a center.
>>
>>7843273
the centre of the universe is where the big bang happened.
>>
>>7843277
The big bang happened everywhere at the same time cause of singularity. If you went at a straight line for long enough you would end up where you started
>>
>>7842956
You may as well ask 'what point is the centre of the surface of a sphere'. The universe is expanding from all points simultaneously, and always has been. In fact, the universe having a centre would violate general relativity because then there would be a universal inertial frame of reference.
>>
File: itsyouanon.jpg (19 KB, 240x243) Image search: [Google]
itsyouanon.jpg
19 KB, 240x243
>>7842956
it's you anon, congrats u made it
>>
Who cares, really? Tell me why this is important.
>pro tip: you can't
>>
>>7842956
Only things with gravity can have a center you fucking idiot.
>>
>>7843429
So where is the gravitational center of the universe?
>>
>>7843437
At the great attractor.
>>
>>7843288
>If you went at a straight line for long enough you would end up where you started

Stop perpetuating this myth, the universe is flat, parallel lines do not converge
>>
>>7842956
What's in the middle of infinity?
>>
>>7843552
>Stop perpetuating this myth, the universe is flat, parallel lines do not converge

That's not quite true. All we know is that the universe is flatter than our ability to tell otherwise. Which is actually quite weak evidence that it is really flat, since there isn't really an upper limit on how big it could be.
>>
>>7843554
B b but the universe is not infinite senpie, we can 'see' up to the edge now...
>>
>>7843552
i-i-it's not a myth black science man told me so
>>
The whole concept of inflation, is..... Here it comes... The center is everywhere!
>>
>>7843288
Taking one concept and diluting it to "prove" another. No, true. First piece is right. Second has no causality at all with the first.
>>
Every single object in this universe rotates. Space (the bits in-between the large bits) have hydrogen, they are moving, the universe is rotating. The universe is 'flattened' a bit like solar systems, galaxies, this flattening is a function of rotation.

Therefore the universe has an axis of rotation. Its not enough to use semantics re: inflation, re: infinite, to hand-wave this question off. Its a good question and the answer is we are not sure.
>>
my girlfriend apparently
>>
>>7845537
(I've never had one btw it was a sexist joke)
>>
>>7842975
welcome to the multiverse
>>
>>7845405

None of this post is true.
>>
>>7842989
>being literally retarded

>Cartesian plane
>Hurr durr it is infinite so there is always an equal length of the cartesian plane to your left, right, bottom, top, everywhere
>not 0,0
>HURRRRRR
>>
>>7843590
>B b but the universe is not infinite senpie, we can 'see' up to the edge now...

I don't know where you heard that, but it's not true. There is no edge.
>>
What about the center of mass of the universe
>>
>>7845616
>The universe is a body of mass
>HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
>>
>>7845616
That's ur're mum's bunghole AKA super mega ultra duper massive black hole
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.